The best soup diet??

wildchild88, Jan 15, 2:44am
a friend and me are challenging ourselves on who can lose the best percentage of weight using the soup diet... i dont really like soup but am giving it a go... Can anyone tell me what TASTES the best but is still part of the soup diet and its rules. We planned to follow a cabbage one and you can eat bananas on day4 and beef on day 5 with sother stuff during the week... WHAT RECIPIE IS THE YUMMIEST???

uli, Jan 15, 3:20am
I am a bit worried that all you want is "to lose weight"... because you are most likely to lose water and lean muscle on a soup diet. Is that what you both want? To ahve less on the scales only? And for how long?

In case I am right at assuming you don't - but you actually wanted to lose fat - then I would suggest you go to a gym together - get a good plan for some cardio (not too much) and lots of weight lifting to build muscle.

And then eat according to some low carb plan (there is even a low carb website for NZlanders - but TM is very unhappy if I give you the link - so you will have to google it and find the site which currently has a picture of a tomato/basil/goats cheese salad on black background).

Good luck to you both :)

jerrytravis, Jan 15, 3:24am
my grandfather used to say: eat less, work harder.

alewis, Jan 15, 4:00am
hit your spice drawer, a shake of this or that, sweet chilli sauce is also good, the green lane diet works well as well, just google that.

uli, Jan 15, 4:03am
the green lane diet is a scam - google that too LOL :)
... and nothing to do with greenlane - as in Auckland ...

wpmoore, Jan 15, 4:48pm
There are no rules. Just blend whatever you eat and add liquid.
For example Chicken , veg and rice.
Place in blender add water and blend.
The soup makes you full quicker means you eats less.

marywea, Jan 15, 7:05pm
Go for it Wildchild. I find if veg soup has celery and chilli powder in it then it is tasty.With a lot of diets I think it is what you DON'T eat that makes the difference but whatever you can stay with is the one for you. Do let us know how you and your friend get on. Good luck.

lythande1, Jan 15, 7:40pm
Why bother? Diets don't work because you eat differently while on it, go back to normal after and put the weight back on.
Especially silly fads like this.
You want to be slimmer permanently don't do anything radical, just adjust your food intake or increase your activity and do it forever.

wpmoore, Jan 15, 9:13pm
Down size your plate.

elliehen, Jan 15, 10:31pm
As well as being tasty, chilli is an appetite suppressant.

alewis, Jan 16, 2:33am
doesnt spices speed up your metobilism (sp) nothing wrong with hitting the water tap either, chill out uli she wasnt asking for the facts and figures I just took this thread as a general ask, and if I was being serious about it then its then that they willstart asking the nutrition questions etc.

jbsouthland, Jan 16, 3:00am
A friend lost weightby counting mouthfuls...ate same foodasthe family but worked out the amount of mouthfuls that was required rather than eating normal plate size.Reckoned she knew how much food to put on her smaller plate when she dished up.Guess she also didn't snack ..certainly worked as she lost heaps!.

darlingmole, Feb 4, 2:16am
Make some homemade chicken stock and use this as the base, then add whatever seasonal vegetables you fancy - add a dash of chili sauce and you're away laughing.I also thinking snacking (healthily) at regular intervals helps, as does 2 litres of water a day, walking so you can feel your heart rate increase for 40 mins, and down size your dinner plate. You could also make some of those cold cucumber or beetroot soups (sorry, don't have a recipe for that).Good luck on getting healthy~!