GREAT IDEAS FOR FAMILY PICNIC....

cam651, Jan 13, 8:04pm
We have a large family picnic on Sunday.Besides bacon and egg pie what are some other yummy things that I could make to take?My minds gone blank, I'm sure there are heaps of ideas lol.

rubyjane11, Jan 13, 8:13pm
scotch eggs, potato salad, rice salad,brownies, sticky chicken wings, fresh fruit salad

nzl99, Jan 13, 10:48pm
I'd take a roast chook, some fresh buns and some coleslaw.

lx4000, Jan 13, 11:41pm
fruit platter, stuffed baked spuds, cake, slice, muffins, rolls, crackers

(barloo)

jerrytravis, Jan 13, 11:50pm
love egg, sausage and tomato pie nom nom

what about some watermelon?

ant_sonja, Jan 14, 12:13am
A variety of cold meats, fresh and pickled veges, olives, cheeses, yummy breads, seasonal fruits...yum - now I'm hungry :-)

dbab, Jan 14, 4:56am
Hard boiled eggs, cold meat, salad ingredients, nice cheeses and crackers, fruit. keep it simple so people can make their own plateful.
A nice cake or similar is a good dessert.

motorbo, Jan 14, 4:58am
its been years since i went on a family picnic, Mum always made the old fashioned apple shortcake, you know from the edmonds cookbook where you rub the butter into the flour, it was always a winner at picnics, you could have a slab of b and e pie then a slab of fruit pie!!

marcs, Jan 14, 5:03am
That would be me. Nice and simpe and the kids will love it. Making some cupcakes today so hopefully they will last till sunday. Brownies sound nice too.

cgvl, Feb 1, 2:43am
beside bacon and egg pie, my mum would make small sausage rolls, and she used to make a selection of sandwiches, the ones us kids loved and often the cooked chook.
A tin of biscuits, ginger slice or something similar and maybe a cake.
She also did a bacon and egg flan similar to a pizza, thin pastry crust in a shallow pizza type dish.
generally at picnics she was feeding several hungry young lads, so food had to be able to be eaten on the run and her bacon and egg pizza's went down a treat.