Ginger slice

isis., Jan 13, 4:00am
Hey does anyone have a recipe for a ginger slice?
The one im thinking of/craving has a white/light base and a thick soft ginger topping on it

buzzy110, Jan 13, 4:02am
Is that a ginger crunch you are describing? If so, your trusty Edmond's has the best recipe ever.

isis., Jan 13, 4:04am
Does that have a soft ginger top tho? The one I am imagining (and have been all blimmen day) had maybe a cm thick light coloured hard base and 3cm'ish of ginger "stuff" on top

ibcreative, Jan 13, 4:06am
Yes, that's Ginger Crunch.

isis., Jan 13, 4:10am
oo yay I have an edmonds book floating around here somewhere too

thanks heaps! have been wanting it for ages

olwen, Jan 13, 4:13am
The best ginger cruch doesn't have nearly that divide.The topping is put on hot I think and semi soaks into the base.It really is crunchy.I doubt I could eat it now -- I don't have teeth.The bought stuff always disappoints, it's more like a shortbread base with a thick ginger icing.

isis., Jan 13, 4:15am
I like to eat the top bit and then the bottom lol so the divide is good

rosathemad, Jan 14, 12:13am
Isis, you might be sorted but I have a recipe (adapted from Donna Hay) which is also pretty awesome - not the crunchiest base in the world but still crunchy (I don't like it too hard, though I know some people do), lots of icing, and plenty of gingery zing. :-) Man, all the tasty baking requests are coming out today here... I'm getting some serious cravings!

http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/08/ginger-overload.html

thor13, Jan 15, 6:14am
I make the edmonds cook book Ginger Crunch But triple the topping

yum

rosathemad, Jan 15, 7:22am
I like the way you think. ;-)

blt10, Jan 15, 7:42am
I made a nice one many moons ago and cannot remember if it was from australian womans weekly

roseann48, Feb 3, 12:47am
I make the Edmonds ginger crunch but add 1 - 2 beaten eggs (depending on size of eggs )to the topping. Makes it so much nicer