NEED HELP!! Choc covered popcorn

vpalmer, Mar 5, 4:39am
can anyone give me some pointers on covering popcorn with chocolate? I've got white and cocoa pams buttons. I found a recipe to melt half butter and half choc with vanilla and salt then stir in popcorn then bake for 30 mins, but during the melting the two seperated and it was horrible. any suggestions? butter no butter? melting process? TIA

iamkat, Mar 5, 9:06am
I wouldnt add the butter or cook in oven just heat the choc and pour over the popcorn and toss quickly then eat when choc hardens so it wont go all over the fingers - mind you chocolatey fingers isnt much of a hard ship unless its on kids! !

andrea1978, Mar 5, 9:15pm
I don't know but I've been wondering the same thing! I had chocolate popcorn at Tokyo Disneyland years ago and have wanted to make it ever since. It's yum! Please let us know how you got on #1 :)

fruitluva2, Mar 5, 10:52pm
Luv the vegan one, yummmmm. Doesn't last either even meat eaters love it to bits. 3 ingreds and easy to make, just a matter of being efficient to put in paper cupcakes.

elliehen, Mar 5, 10:58pm
R U 4 real, fruitluva2? I feel a chocolate popcorn-propelled roast chicken coming on... .

fruitluva2, Mar 5, 11:11pm
Must be your wild imagination on overdrive then, Lol
Theres no baking required as in post #1, its a real delight I tell you and I am quite fussy with what I see, like and make.

elliehen, Mar 5, 11:25pm
fruitluva2 - I'm genuinely interested then, as long as the third ingredient isn't chicken ;)Can you give me clue about the third ingredient? Maybe a quantity clue too?

fruitluva2, Mar 5, 11:47pm
Oh, definitely no chicken nor will you explode Lolhoney is too sweet for that to happen, rofl.
No cocoa either, real vegans don't use that

fruitluva2, Mar 5, 11:55pm
Geeee elliehen 90 results came up with that name, what a hoot! Fancy wearing that name eh, eeeek.
Very clever spotting of you,

vpalmer, Mar 6, 12:10am
Got it covered! After 3 batches last night. the Nestle buttons worked WAY better and I just poored it straight onto the popcorn then sprinkled with 100's and 1000's! Then on to the pretzels! It turned out great! http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/76/122339476_full. jp
g

fruitluva2, Oct 5, 7:03am
Pretty good work you done, mine don't turn out loose like that tho'. Pretty much bars or kremalta- like inpaper cupcakes.