Dinner party ideas

bingbong, Jan 11, 8:06am
I want to invite some friends over. I was thinking of having a cooked chicken, ham and other cold cuts but what can I add to it? Salads? and what other ideas or recipe, can you share with me.

paulie12, Jan 11, 8:18am
prawns. Buy the raw but shelled ones. Cooked in garlic butter andsome sweet chilli sauce. Yumm

herself, Jan 11, 8:20am
Just put the words dinner party into the search box at the left of this thread, put anytime in for the date and Hey Presto! All the previous threads about dinner party food pop up and they are loaded with ideas and recipes for great dinner parties!I have just found a few recipes that I want to make! LOL

alewis, Jan 23, 9:08am
effortless entertaining is what you are after
if you have a couple of salads, cold meats and maybe just have a few of those lovely new boiled potatoes, put them on to boil when the last guest arrives so that you know you have 20 mins of nibbles before main is served. plonk a bit of butter and chopped parsley onto hot potatoes once you have drained and keep the lid on, put all the other stuff on the table, a platter of fresh breads as well a(fills up people) and then when everyone is on the table put the tattys on a bowl and take to the table,a chocoate brownie slice with cream can come later you can cook this before hand and give it 45 seconds in the microwave just to warm slightly.
happy entertaining