Where to buy pasta?

ksonic, Jan 10, 6:42am
This may seem strange but I need to buy some orzo pasta for a salad I am making. I have searched both pak n save and countdown, and have not found it at either. I only looked in the pasta isle though. Can I use any kind of pasta instead? Any idea where I can get it from.

kabbo, Jan 10, 6:44am
you should be able to get it at any supermarket i would have thought. it's quite a popular pasta these days. even at PnS or Countdown.

ksonic, Jan 10, 6:46am
Is it called orzo on the packet. Or has it maybe changed its name.

245sam, Jan 10, 6:48am
ksonic, in your searching did you see Risone or Risoni?Orzo is also known as either/both of those other names.I agree that it can be difficult to find and if your regular supermarkets don't have it, I suggest that you try Bin Inn if you have one nearby - it's not always available in their bins but our local Bin Inn usually has it already packeted.

Hope that helps.:-))

ksonic, Jan 10, 6:51am
I think I did see Risone or Risoni. I am going down shortly so will have another look then. Thank you

goldgurl_design, Jan 10, 6:57am
Pak'n'Save manukau have it - at the deli counter where the sushi supplies are too...

cookessentials, Jan 20, 9:45am
Risoni and orzo are both the same. San Remo do one which you should find at your local supermarket.