Courgette soup

Page 1 / 2
sailor13, Jan 10, 1:06am
had a recipe for this made in summer then froze it for winter.

0800xford, Jan 10, 2:27am
my local chinese grocer always has way oversized courgettes [marrows?] cheap too, this could be a good way to use them.
plenty of pepper and a bit of celery, yum!

lilyfield, Jan 10, 3:22am
love mine with heaps of oregano added-or basil..All my surplus courgettes or marrows and up as soup. Unpeeled

motorbo, Jan 10, 3:43am
a recipe please?

uli, Jan 10, 3:48am
chop courgettes, add liquid, add herbs and chilli and cook.
If you have beef or chicken stock add that.
Use your imagination and what you find in the garden!

lilyfield, Jan 10, 4:28am
and then finish with your stickblender--yummy

elliehen, Jan 10, 4:54am
I add onion and curry powder to mine :)

motorbo, Jan 10, 5:14am
thanks everyone, i found a yummy one online too!!!

0800xford, Jan 10, 5:47am
but not the green wriggly things

isis., Jan 10, 7:05am
well you could...would just be protein lol ew

geldof, Jan 10, 7:23am
Add lemon zest.

elliehen, Jan 10, 7:43am
Green wrigglies used to snuggle into my broccoli florets, so the children would ask if they could have shop broccoli ;)We frequently had steamed wrigglies on the menu.

Then when the broccoli went to full flower, those same children used the long stalks as weapons and had broccoli wars.

uli, Jan 10, 7:43am
Yes yes the green wriggly things are called "vitamins":)

uli, Jan 9, 10:50pm
bump . after I just harvested another 6!

lilyfield, Jan 10, 3:22am
love mine with heaps of oregano added-or basil.All my surplus courgettes or marrows and up as soup. Unpeeled

motorbo, Jan 10, 3:43am
a recipe please!

motorbo, Jan 10, 5:14am
thanks everyone, i found a yummy one online too!

isis., Jan 10, 7:05am
well you could.would just be protein lol ew

beaker59, Jan 10, 9:34pm
Really good crop of corgettes here and I have staggered the planting well so they should be producing a dozen or so a week for the next couple of months :)

I will try soup though hadn't thought of that :)

I like a couple of good sized ones grated then add a small grated potato some finely chopped shallot and some basil and corriander also finely chopped salt and lots of freshly ground pepper an egg and around 3 tablespoons of plain flour stir well then fry as fritters in butter delicious with some fresh salsa.

gardie, Jan 10, 9:54pm
Zucchini fritters yum - zucchini loaf - zucchini and carrot cake - zucchini soup but my most favourite is baby zucchini's chopped and sauteed in butter with garlic.

theboss17, Jan 11, 12:45am
do u have the recipe for the loaf sounds nice

fisher, Jan 11, 2:26am
Zucchini Stir
Slice zucchini into matchsticks and thinly slice a halved onion separating the rings.Mix together and stir fry in a wok at hot temp in olive oil for a couple of minutes. The zucchini should just be starting to get a bit of colour. Season, add herbs to taste.
Zucchini Savoury
Sauté sliced courgettes with bacon pieces and chopped onion in a little butter .SeasonWhen veges are cooked, add tomato sauce to coat and heat through.
Zucchini BBQ
Combinegarlic powdercracked pepper and parmesan cheese in plastic bag.Slice zucchini into thick slices. Add to the bag and shake to coat slices with mixture. Cook on barbeque for a few minutes.
Zucchini Creamed
Slice four into one cm slices. Use a heavy based pan and put in 1 tbsp butter, half a cup of water and bring to boil. Drop in the zucchini.
Cover and boil until water goes. Tip in 200 ml fresh cream, two tbsp finely chopped tarragon and stir constantly until cream thickens. Serve immediately

fisher, Jan 11, 2:29am
Bacon and Zucchini slice
Serve with tomato sauce or chutney
3 med courgettes grated.1 large onion.3 rashers bacon precooked .1/2 cup oil.1 cup grated cheese.1 cup SR flour.5 eggs.garlic .salt and pepper.
Grate zucchini, chop onion and pre-cook bacon.Combine all ingredients together Into casserole dish and bake at 180c for 30 mins.
Vegetarian option:omit the bacon and add sundried tomato.

fisher, Jan 11, 2:31am
Zucchini Mint Salad
Ingredients:
Salad .1-2 zucchini .2-4 large silver beet leaves . 1 red onion, sliced .1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled.
Dressing.1/4 cup olive oil . 3tbsp mint sauce .2tbsp lime juice .1 tsp mustard.1clove garlic, minced .1/4 cup chopped fresh mint.pepper to taste.
Method:
Cut zucchini into bite-sized pieces and steam until tender –crisp. Allow to cool. Tear silver beet into bite-sized pieces and place in large salad bowl. Add feta, onion and zucchini.
Method Dressing:
Combine all ingredients in a jar. Shake well. Toss dressing with salad just before serving.

jag5, Jan 19, 8:00pm
hmmmmm will have to try the soup.I make cauliflower soup with surplus.husband used to screw up his nose when I mentioned it.so I finally made some and made him taste it.and he loves it.have quite a bit of puree in the freezer for winter.

Thinking about it, I have courgettes in the freezer from last summer.soup it will be.