5 cup loaf recipe? Does anyone have this?

pip31, Jan 8, 11:29pm
I got this recipe from here recently and I didn't save it!

buzzy110, Jan 8, 11:34pm
my favourite: 5 cup fruit loaf
1cup of each of the following self raising flour, dried fruit, brown sugar, bran, milk. mix all together and pour into loaf tin. bake mod oven for 1 hour.

I play around with this loaf in that sometimes I don't want bran in it so add extra flour and or some rolled oats. Have added orange zest and walnuts to make a nut loaf. can substitue milk for cold tea, soak fruit in it to make a tea bread loaf.
be careful if add flour as it can make loaf dry. does not require eggs or butter/oil but if you wanted to no doubt you could add them.

cgvl (21 )2:58 pm, Sun 3 Oct #2

cgvl, Jan 8, 11:35pm
hi its 1 cup of each, self raising flour, milk, dried fruit, baking bran and sugar (brown if you have).
Mix, pour into a greased loaf pan and bake 180Cfor 1 hour.

I sometimes soak the bran in the milk while getting loaf tin ready

buzzy110, Jan 8, 11:35pm
In the future, you can just use the search box. Your recipe was simplicity itself to find and it saves you having to start another thread and waiting for an answer.

margyr, Jan 8, 11:35pm
hi there, just on the left is a box headed message board in keyword or member type 5 cup loaf recipe, then in the date posted box click on the little arrow and then on anytime then click search. I had a quick look and there are quite a few recipes there, you may recognise the one you are looking for.

ibcreative, Jan 8, 11:35pm
Copied from another thread:

my favourite: 5 cup fruit loaf
1cup of each of the following self raising flour, dried fruit, brown sugar, bran, milk. mix all together and pour into loaf tin. bake mod oven for 1 hour.

I play around with this loaf in that sometimes I don't want bran in it so add extra flour and or some rolled oats. Have added orange zest and walnuts to make a nut loaf. can substitue milk for cold tea, soak fruit in it to make a tea bread loaf.
be careful if add flour as it can make loaf dry. does not require eggs or butter/oil but if you wanted to no doubt you could add them.

Here's a hint pip31. You can do a search of the recipes by putting what you are looking for in the search box at left and changing to anytime - great for finding those recipes you forgot to save..

pip31, Jan 8, 11:50pm
I had no idea about the search thingy - thanks guys, very helpful!!

lx4000, Jan 9, 6:13am
Hi there. Could it work if I used oat bran instead of bran?

Tarly:)

(barloo)

yelraehsat, Jan 9, 7:46am
My dads fav 5 cup loaf.
I got the recipe off Kidspot.

1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut
1 cup sultanas ( we find 3/4 cup enough)
1 cup milk

Preheat oven 180'
Mix all together in a bowl
Chunk in a loaf tin
Bake 40 - 45 mins
Enjoy!!!

cgvl, Jan 9, 8:49am
I have used rolled oats in it instead of bran so I would say so.
just be careful as it can be a dry loaf, hence the idea of soaking the bran/oats in the milk first.

lx4000, Jan 9, 8:51am
thanks cgvl

lx4000, Jan 10, 5:01am
oks, have 2 in the oven! ! I have chopped apricots and the other raisins with a bit of lemon rind and juice in both along with half the amount of coconut and added the other half in oat bran! Oh and added a bit more milk to boot.

I hope these turn out as I'm baking for a funeral tomorrow!!

(barloo)

Has any one else tweaked it like this also?

lx4000, Jan 10, 9:12am
OMG they are sooo sweet!!

I will be cutting the sugar down next time I make them!!

But nice. We seem to like the apricot one better than the raisin one.yea I know, for tomorrow but had to taste as I haven't made it before.

coconutbuns, Jan 21, 3:08am
Hi, sounds lovely, does it still come out moist without butter, oil or eggs?