Whats wrong with these broad beans?

datoofairy, Jan 6, 2:25am
I opened a new bag of Talleys frozen broad beans and most of them have orangey brown patches all over them.
Are they ok to eat?

245sam, Jan 6, 2:37am
Not sure, they're probably ok, but personally I would be very tempted to return them to where they were bought from.If you can't or don't wish to do so, maybe you'd like to try skinning each bean - this is not something I have ever done because we like the broad beans as is, including sliced in their pods (only when the pods are very very young), but I do believe that many a non-broad bean eater has been 'converted' due to the broad beans having their greyish skin removed to reveal the tender green bean.

Hope that helps.:-))

datoofairy, Jan 6, 6:37am
Thanks 245sam :o)
Earlier I emailed Talleys about the beans and they replied saying that it was bruising that wouldnt have become visible until after they werebagged and frozen.
Whatever it actually is, they look awful and I wont be eating them.Talleys have offered to send out a voucher for a replacement bag.

cookessentials, Jan 6, 8:39pm
I would not have thought that brusing would be orange!

buzzy110, Jan 9, 8:16am
Take the voucher. Your new bag may be perfect. If not, then you will know for sure to never buy that brand again.