Any meal recipe ideas please.

shellbell13, Jan 5, 7:24am
I am sick of cooking the same thing so want some new recipes to try but can't find any inspiration.I am not after anything too fancy nor expensive.Also some salad recipes and BBQ recipes would be great.I only ever make potato salad and a normal lettuce salad, sometimes a coleslaw.There must be some more exciting things to make.

245sam, Jan 5, 7:44am
shellbell13, have you tried doing a search here on this Trademe MB? using e.g.salad or BBQ as the Keywords and Anytime as the Date posted option - there are lots of great recipes and ideas that have been already been shared so you should certainly find some inspiration amongst the 249 pages of just this MB alone.For some different salad options try searching also for couscous, pasta, rice or vegetable salads.

Hope that helps and happy searching.:-))

shellbell13, Jan 5, 7:50am
Thanks, I have just done that and have a few more ideas.I forgot about couscous.We have some here so will do some more reading up about what to add.

sossie1, Jan 5, 7:58am
hiya, i have a recipe scrapbook that I am always trying to find easy tasty recipes for-if I don't use a recipe I simply glue another one over the top.

My EASIEST spicy one is Singapore Style Noodles, whittled down to as few ingredients as possible.

mix together 3 TB soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp black peper (i use from pepper grinder

Cook noodles and set aside (toss a bit of oil to stop sticking)

have whatever meat ready to stir fry if you are using meat

Stir fry whatever veggies you have available then add 2 cloves chopped garlic and 1 tsp ground ginger, stir fry about another minute.

put veggies aside, then stir fry meat until cooked, add cooked noodles and veggies
and the saucy mixture and squish around in the wok until its all heated up.

sossie1, Jan 5, 3:45pm
and add beansprouts at the end if you have them ( just before serving so they have a crunch)