Homemade coidiol(sp) or syrup

t.gypsy, Jan 4, 11:45pm
to mix with water whats your ideas and recipes..

cookessentials, Jan 4, 11:54pm
Home Made lemonade

2 lemons, zested and juiced
2 cups (500ml) boiling water
3/4 cup sugar
METHOD

Scrub lemons well under running water. Remove zest using a zester, microplane or grater. Place in a large bowl; add boiling water. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and stand overnight. Juice lemons and store, covered in refrigerator until required.

The following day add juice and sugar; stir well to combine. Stand several hours, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.

Strain mixture into bottles and dilute to taste with sparkling or still mineral water.
I keep the syrup concentrate in a bottle in the fridge and then add some to a glass with ice and top up with water or soda.

t.gypsy, Jan 4, 11:57pm
thanks cook is there any others you can do with fruits..

cookessentials, Jan 5, 12:25am
with citrus, you can do a lime one. i do a lavender limeade which is basically a lime and lavender syrup.

t.gypsy, Jan 5, 12:27am
yum. Is there ones you can do with fruits?? or is it the same thing really.

unknowndisorder, Jan 4, 8:00am
Gypsy, if you do a search (on the left hand side) using "anytime" and the correct spelling of "cordial", you'll also find other recipes. (hehe, a friend of mine always spelt phoenetically as well, frustrated me, but still think it's cute).

At least you gave it a go as to the spelling, does make searching a PITA when you know what you're after but not sure how the heck it's spelt or what it's called. :)