Chicken recipe wanted

sjordan, Jan 2, 5:47am
My nana used to make this amazing chicken dish. It was chicken pieces with some kind of breadcrumbs on top and the most amazing gravy. Unfortunalty she has passed so I can't get it off her. Does anyone know of a recipe like this?

majurti, Jan 2, 6:46am
Hi , that recipe sounds very simalar to one my grandmother used to make. Brings back some good memories. I havnt got the recipe book any more but it sounds like a recipe that is in one of Alison Holst cooking books.

sjordan, Jan 2, 7:24am
I found one in there but it was for already cooked chicken. It was so good and I'd love to be able to make it

brajama, Jan 3, 12:01am
x1
Maybe it was Chicken Maryland? Here is a recipe...

Ingredients

4 chicken pieces
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teasoon pepper, black
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups breadcrumbs (seasoned, if available)
2 tablespoons oil

Cooking Directions

1. Preheat your oven to220 °C
2. Mix flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a bowl (bowl A).
3. Crack the eggs into another bowl and beat them (bowl B).
4. Mixbreadcrumbs and oil an another bowl (bowl C).

5. Dip each chicken piece into bowl A, then bowl B, then bowl C. Ensure each piece is thoroughly covered in the mix.
6. Bake in a ovenproof dish until golden brown. Depending on the size of the chicken pieces, this usually takes about 25 to 35 minutes.

korbo, Jan 3, 12:22am
did it have a creamy sauce and mushrooms.

sjordan, Jan 3, 7:35am
No vreamy sauce or mushrooms. I was kinda like a gravy and had the breadcrumbs on the top

june126, Jan 3, 7:51am
x3
While going through m-in-l old recipes book found this recipe for Chicken Merivale, which sounds like the one you are after.
Ingredients
1 chicken (1.365Kg)
2T butter
2T Flour
1c Chicken stock
1c milk
2c soft breadcrumbs
2T butter
1 finely chopped onion
Mixed herbs
3 rashers bacon
Salt & pepper
Cut chicken into serving pieces, boil till tender.Remove pieces and place in casserole. make roux sauce with first lot of butter, flour, chicken stock and milk.Pour sauce over chicken.Combined second lot of butter (softened) with breadcrumbs and add onion, mixed herbs to taste, and salt and pepper and sprinkle all over chicken and sauce.Chop bacon and scatter on top.Cook in moderate oven 180C for about 1hour.Can be prepared the day before.Hope this is the one you wanted, if it is enjoy.

korbo, Jan 3, 9:06am
that sounds like the one my mum used to make, and i think she put some mushrooms in it.
thanks for that.

sjordan, Jan 4, 12:12am
OMG thats it. Thank you so much

scat, Jul 16, 8:59pm
Thank you for this recipe, Just what I've been looking for, It's a lovely lovely dish.
Scat

guest, Jan 11, 12:19pm
A minute saved is a minute earend, and this saved hours!

guest, Jan 13, 5:39pm
Hei Bjf8rn!Jeg fikk en e-post fra Karsten i Panama.Har sendt den videre til deg, saemmn mer mer informasjon om Karsten, en trivelig kan som hjelper seilere med ve6rinformasjon pe5 SSB.Bon vouage!

guest, Jan 14, 11:13am
???? ?????????? 2011-01-21????????????????? ????? ???????????????????? ??????? ?? ????? ?????????? ?????????????? ????????????? ?????? ?????????? ?????????? ?????????? ?? ??????????? ???????? ???????????????? ???????????? ????? ??????? ??? ??? ?? ??????????? ???? ?? ?????? ?????????????????? ??????? ???????? ?? ? ???????????? ?????????8 9? ??????? ??????? ?? ????? ????? ????????????? ????????? ????????? ????????????????? ?? ?????? ????????? ???? ????? ??????? ?????????? ??????????? ?????? ??????? ???? ????? ???? 2011.01.21??????????????? silver natiparnocle ?????????? ????????????????? ?????????? ???????????? ??????????????????????? ?????????? Bar-Ilan University ????? Langmuir ????? ?????? ?????????? 3???????????????????????? ?????????? ?????????? ?????? ???????????? ??????????????????? ??????????? ?????????? ?? ????????? ????????????????? ?? ????? ?????????? ??????????????? ???????????? ??????????? ????????????? ?????????????????? ????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????? ??? ??? ??????????????? ??????????????????? Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging ??????????(sorbic acid)???? ?????????? ???? ??????? ???? ??????20?? 2011.01.21 ???????????(Wal-Mart)??20????????? ?????????? ?????????????????? ??????????????? ??????? ?????????????? ????????????????????? ????????????????? ??????? ??????????? ??????2015?? ????????????? ?????? ?????????? ???????????? ???????????????? ????????????? ???????????? ?????????? ????????????????????????? ????????????????Kroger?????? ?????????????????????? ???????? ???????????? ??????????? ??????????????????? ????????????? ????????? ??Bumble Bee ????(General Mills) ???(Campbell Soup) ??????(PepsiCo) ????(Kraft Foods)??????????????????? ???????????? ????????? ???????????? ?????? ????????????? ???????? ???????????????