Cous cous salad

shickenmcboing, Jan 2, 4:11am
ideas as to what to put in it

jude155, Jan 2, 4:53am
METHOD
2 AVOCADOS 500G COUSCOUS 1TBSP LEMON JUICE 1 CAN CHICKPEAS DRAINED 1 RED PEPPER FINELY CHOPPED 1POMEGRANATE
4 TBSP ORANGE JUICE 2 TBSP VIRGIN OLIVE OIL 2 TBSP CHOPPED FLAT PARSLEY HANDFUL PINENUTS. COVER COUSCOUS WITH BOILING WATER COVER WITH DAMP TEACLOTH AND LEAVE TO SOAK FOR 20MINS FORK THOUGH TO LOOSEN THE GRAINS
PEEL AND STONE THE AVOCADO AND CUT IN TO CHUNKS TOSS IN LEMON JUICES, MIX TOGETHER AVOCADO CHICKPEAS RED PEPPER
AND ADD TO COUSCOUS SPLIT THE POMEGANATE AND REMOVE THE SEEDS DO THIS OVER A BOWL TOCATCH ANY JUICES ADD SEEDS TO COUSCOUS ADD THE ORANGE JUICETO LEMON JUICEAND WHISK WITH OLIVE OIL ADD DRESSING AND HERBS TO COUSCOUS AND FORK THROUGH SERVE WITH SPRINKLING OF PINENUTS ENJOY

twinsforus, Jan 2, 5:02am
I just made one using roasted kumara & red onion, spinach, capscuim and a bit of garlic. Cooked the couscous with vege stock, and roasted the kumara and onion with sage and oil.

turksta3, Jan 5, 10:51pm
I put chicken stock and butter in bowl with cous cous when adding boiling water and cover,
Fry of some streaky bacon and keep the fat out of it, chop some tomato's and add lots of lemon juice.
Chuck it all in salad with chopped basil.
salt and pepper to taste

245sam, Jan 5, 11:24pm
shickenmcboing, the following recipe makes a tasty salad.....

Robyn Martin's MOROCCAN COUSCOUS SALAD
1 cup each of couscous and boiling water
2 tsp chicken stock powder
¼ cup each of olive oil and white vinegar
1 each red and green capsicum
2 sticks celery
½ cup raisins
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli powder

Combine the water, stock powder, 2 tbsp olive oil and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Add the couscous, stir it through and let it stand for 5 minutes, then fluff the couscous up with a fork. Set the couscous aside until it is just warm.
Deseed the capsicums & cut them into 0.5cm (or pieces about the same size as the raisins). Wash and trim celery and slice it thinly.
In a screw-top jar mix together the coriander, cumin, chilli powder and remaining 2 tbsp oil. Shake to combine, then pour the dressing over the couscous and mix it through.
Add the capsicums, celery and raisins to the couscous, and mix well.
Serves 4.:-))

wildflower, Jan 7, 11:18am
I've only just tried cous cous and now I'm addicted.Tonight I'm adding lemon juice, chicken stock then chopped chicken, corn and capsicum.