Caravaning Recipes Please.

radish_man, Jan 1, 1:21am
Hi guys. I am looking for recipes I can make in the caravan for 2 adults and 3 hungry teenagers. We will have power onsite and also a BBQ. I am hoping to compile a menu and recipe 'book' before we leave to make it a stress-free holiday. Any other tips too would be gratefully received.

toadfish, Jan 1, 1:49am
I just cooked what we would have at home, you have power & a BBQ.... We just ate same ol same ol... but with more BBQ'sthan usual. Cookedmost thingson the BBQ, served with a green salad, we ate this more nights than not.BBQ Burgers, Steak, Lamb Chops, marinated Chicken, chicken nibbles, sausages.We had a micorwave but if you don't most campsites do, we would bake potatoes this way and then cut them in half and heat them through on the BBQ.We also took frozen Nacho mince for 1st or 2nd night depending on how defrosted it was when we got there.

Not sure if this is any help but its what we did.

papariccardo, Jan 1, 1:57am
Make a one-pot chilli. 1/2-1 can of beans per person, mix them up, 1 cannelini, 1 baked bean, 1 kidney, 1 butter, etc (or presoak dried ones like me), can of tom puree or sauce,browned mince, celery, canned tomatoes, browned onions/ garlic, then whatever flavours you want. HP or Worcester sauce at a pinch, I use cumin, paprika, chilli, cayenne, ground black pepper, amongst other stuff. Taste once assembled, add to it as needed, simmer for a couple of hours. Great on toast, in wraps, on nacho chips, or mixed with pasta to make a pasta fazoole.

lythande1, Jan 1, 4:00am
BBQs. One pot dinners.
Minimal fuss.

logan_jess, Jan 1, 8:56am
chili and lime mussels on the bbq mmmmmm

chooky, Jan 1, 10:20am
I use to take my crock-pot, when we got sick of bbque, cook corn-beef, does for tea and lunch, a roast in the crock-pot. Nachos, and I would cook the mince in the crock-pot. Hope the weather is good for you.

shelley39, Jan 1, 9:31pm
make up a curry before leaving home and have with rice.one pot mnce with rice or potatoes.Burgers.Bacon and egg pie which can be eaten cold with salad.These can be made and frozen before you leave home.

uli, Jan 1, 10:02pm
If you have power and a BBQ - then all you need is pots, pans and food and you can cook exactly as you would at home. Where do you see any problems?

radish_man, Dec 28, 5:46pm
Thanks for your suggestions. You've been very helpful. Like the crockpot idea. And also never thought of freezing meals to take.