Easy yummy ciabatta bread

Page 1 / 6
taurus2005, Dec 31, 4:24am

buzzy110, Dec 31, 7:16am
Here is Beaker's recipe from the sour dough thread as well.

OK Ciabatti recipe I used is all in cups and 100% successful so far.

2 cups water
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons salt
¼tsp yeast
A splash of olive oil

Stir up into a sticky dough and leave on the bench for 18hours to rise then split in half and form into two flatish loaves on a baking tray careful not to deflate too much
Leave in the oven for half an hour to prove a bit more then turn on to 190c fan bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy, I use 3 white to 1 wholemeal flour but traditionally its all white flour
It takes 19 hours but only 15 minutes work.

pickles7, Dec 31, 8:42am
http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Make-No-Knead-Ciabatta-Bread-213126958

same as yours....buzzy110... but you can see it being made.

papariccardo, Jan 1, 2:04am
Why is it most kiwis can handle the word ciabatta with ease, but cock up miserably when asking for bruschetta?

Thanks for the posts!

timbooo, Jan 1, 2:36am
buzzy110 am just wondering if the 1/4tsp of yeast is correct??? it doesnt seem like much yeast?

timbooo, Jan 1, 2:36am
buzzy110 am just wondering if the 1/4tsp of yeast is correct! it doesnt seem like much yeast!

davidt4, Jan 1, 3:27am
That quantity will be correct.Because the ciabatta has such a long rising period that's all the yeast you need.The yeast grows over the rising period.

davidt4, Jan 1, 3:27am
That quantity will be correct.Because the ciabatta has such a long rising period that's all the yeast you need.The yeast grows over the rising period.

beaker59, Jan 1, 4:09am
By the way the recipe I gave is the one in the no Knead link given by Pickles I did give credit in my origonal post nearly a year ago if I remember correctly.

Yes David is right re yeast quantity.

Easiest recipe I have seen and authentic flavour and shape according to my Maltese friends.

timbooo, Jan 1, 4:17am
Thanks for clarifying, am looking forward to giving it a go.

davidt4, Jan 1, 4:37am
Interesting question Papa - you're quite right.You would think that ciabatta was more obscure than bruschetta.Maybe there are television advertisements that pronounce ciabatta correctly.After all, very few New Zealanders are exposed to Italian at school and as a nation we're not known for our ability with foreign languages.

davidt4, Jan 1, 4:37am
Interesting question Papa - you're quite right.You would think that ciabatta was more obscure than bruschetta.Maybe there are television advertisements that pronounce ciabatta correctly.After all, very few New Zealanders are exposed to Italian at school and as a nation we're not known for our ability with foreign languages.

beaker59, Jan 1, 4:39am
No worries in fact I'm going to put one down now as got inspired haven't made it for a while but taking a group of ladies out for the day in the boat so a couple of those loaves and some nice salads will hit the spot well for lunch.

Mix the dough this evening just after dinner, lay the loaves out lunch time tomorrow then bake about 2ish.

gotta go get some anchovies for the (will anyone be open?) salad tomorrow nice cos coming on in the garden yeah should work well.

beaker59, Jan 1, 4:39am
No worries in fact I'm going to put one down now as got inspired haven't made it for a while but taking a group of ladies out for the day in the boat so a couple of those loaves and some nice salads will hit the spot well for lunch.

Mix the dough this evening just after dinner, lay the loaves out lunch time tomorrow then bake about 2ish.

gotta go get some anchovies for the (will anyone be open!) salad tomorrow nice cos coming on in the garden yeah should work well.

pickles7, Jan 1, 6:29am
I put a loaf together today, I will be baking it early tomorrow. 1/4 tsp of yeast is fine, mine smells nice and yeasty right now and is growing just fine.

papariccardo, Jan 1, 7:53am
Yet Bazaar breads advertise their bruschetta as "bra shetta" here in NZ, as a 'bread of the world!' I bet they don't say the same in the Australian commercial.

kate777, Jan 1, 8:09am
Do you need real yeast for this or can I use the granulated stuff?

kate777, Jan 1, 8:09am
Do you need real yeast for this or can I use the granulated stuff!

pickles7, Jan 1, 8:16am
I used granulated yeast, is working very well.

pickles7, Jan 1, 7:02pm
mmmm a little more water was required.. The flavour is nice. I would put another 1/4 cup of water into my next loaf, using the link, I posted. I have had the recipe kicking around for ages to try.
I will try #1, link, next time.

pickles7, Jan 1, 7:02pm
mmmm a little more water was required. The flavour is nice. I would put another 1/4 cup of water into my next loaf, using the link, I posted. I have had the recipe kicking around for ages to try.
I will try #1, link, next time.

helenandjohn, Jan 28, 5:34pm
I've used the recipe from the Alison Holst bread book several times but now I'm trying your recipe.I mixed all the ingredients together beforeI went to bed and the dough has risen nicely over night.

Can't wait to taste the end result!

helenandjohn, Jan 28, 5:34pm
I've used the recipe from the Alison Holst bread book several times but now I'm trying your recipe.I mixed all the ingredients together beforeI went to bed and the dough has risen nicely over night.

Can't wait to taste the end result!

gardie, Feb 26, 3:18am
Have made this a couple of times using Buzzy's recipe and utilising the techniques on a utube video link on a similar thread.It turns out great although I use cooking spray in place of flour to stop it sticking and then sift some flour over the final shaped loaf prior to rising.(Everything else is exactly as per the recipe)
Just bumping the recipe so I can bake another loaf.Must get around to writing it into my recipe book.

gardie, Feb 26, 3:18am
Have made this a couple of times using Buzzy's recipe and utilising the techniques on a utube video link on a similar thread.It turns out great although I use cooking spray in place of flour to stop it sticking and then sift some flour over the final shaped loaf prior to rising.(Everything else is exactly as per the recipe)
Just bumping the recipe so I can bake another loaf.Must get around to writing it into my recipe book.