Need some lunch ideas, please

mikew, Dec 30, 11:54pm
Husband has recently been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease - Gaves Disease.
He is having a radical change to his diet...including no wheat, which limits a lot of lunch ideas. We seem to be eating a lot of cold meat and salad for lunch, but just wondered what others may think to have.
He's been having a cooked breakfast which also limits ideas for lunch.
There are probably heaps of ideas but I seem to have drawn a blank.

BTW he's not keen on beans, lentils etc

davidt4, Dec 31, 12:15am
Here is a great recipe for a portable bacon, egg and vege slice.It is grain-free and I make it a lot, especially for picnics and work lunchboxes.http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=213:breakfast-slab-bacon-a-eggs-on-the-go&catid=66:breakfast&Itemid=67

ant_sonja, Dec 31, 12:42am
Does he eat fish? Lots of recipes out there. I like using the fattier types such as salmon. Great in omelettes or grilled with a big Green Salad or with grilled &/or raw veges. I'm not familiar with Gaves disease so not sure what one is/isn't supposed to eat but you could try Capsicums, stuffed with a mixture of lamb/beef/tomato/feta & baked in the oven. Serve with a yoghurt/cucumber dip (tzaziki) - You can also bake mushrooms with (for example) a chili/garlic/herb butter topping or stuffed Tomatoes, similar to the capsicums. A favorite around here is a ceasar salad version, basically romaine lettuce, free farmed bacon & poached eggs, shavings of Parmesan cheese and of course ceasar dressing. The same salad also gets served with smoked or grilled salmon depending on our mood. Many options out there, just need to start thinking outside of the square :-)

davidt4, Dec 31, 12:59am
I suspect the original poster means Graves Disease.

ant_sonja, Dec 31, 3:31am
Oh - well I'm still not familiar, obviously lol

mikew, Dec 25, 7:13pm
Ooops that I do...he's been thru hell and back.

Thanks for the ideas really appreciate them.