Honey Mustard Chicken

lalah, Dec 30, 10:05pm
Does anyone have a recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken similar to the tins/jars you can buy at the supermarket?

cookessentials, Dec 31, 1:45am
Here you go:

6 (660g) chicken thigh fillets
175g (1/2 cup) honey
11/2 tablespoons seeded mustard
11/2 tablespoons white vinegar
11/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 large (300g) potato, peeled, chopped
1 medium (400g) kumara, peeled, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon skim milk
1 spring onion, cut into thin strips, soaked in water

Remove fat from chicken, cut in half. Combine honey, mustard, vinegar and sauce in a small bowl, add chicken. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Remove chicken, reserve marinade. Heat an oiled non-stick frying pan, cook chicken over medium-high heat about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through; remove. Stir reserved marinade in same pan over high heat until mixture boils and thickens. Return chicken to pan, coat with the marinade.
Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes, kumara and garlic until tender, mash with skim milk. Serve mash topped with chicken and marinade, garnish with onion strips.

gardie, Dec 31, 2:25am
I reckon the best honey mustard chicken in the masterfood sachets one.You stir fry your chicken, then add the packet and some cream - well, I add lots of cream but it sure is yum.(Sometimes I have to thicken it slightly due to the extra cream).Served over rice.If anyone can duplicate this, I'd be in too.The packets says to put beans in too - don't like that but can't resist serving some baby peas alongside.

lalah, Dec 31, 4:57am
That sounds yummy.Thanks cookessentials.

guest, Feb 5, 10:43pm
Hi I'm looking for a nice simple chicken dish 4 dinner tonight. I have chicken thighs that I'm wanting to use. thanks