Just wanted to share a pizza base recipe...

Page 1 / 2
tantric5, Dec 31, 7:34pm
yummmmmmmmo

I made a pizza the other night . ham,cheese,pineapple,macadamia-
nuts, sliced banana.

kitj1, Jan 2, 9:45am
wingee. I made the bases and added the toppings cooking only once. Bases cooked thru, crispy on the outer edge but still a soft dough in the centre of the pizza. Admittedly it was laden with tomato etc. I used baking paper on an aluminium sheet, going to look for a pizza stone as I like the bases crispy. Love the recipe though, soooo easy.

wingee, Jan 2, 7:30pm
Thanks for that, keen to give it a go too!I have one of those pizza stones that you see demonstrated and its electric with a lid which cooks the topping at the same time, I guess that would be the same.

gemini007, Jan 3, 3:08am
Awesome - sounds too simple - can't wait to try it.

blackbriar, Jan 26, 4:55am
No #13 - Where do you buy electric pizza stones/ovens from!

eljayv, Jan 28, 9:21pm
This is a gluten free recipe I love as it makes a thin crispy crust.

1/2 cup ground almonds (add more as necessary for workable dough)
1 egg
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
Italian spices such as oregano and basil to taste
Mix the ingredients above together in a bowl and add more almond flour as needed to form a ball.Oil a pan and add the dough ball pressing down with hands to form the shape of a small pizza crust. Don't worry if it is not as big as the pan.
Preheat oven to 180 with the crust in the pan (this allows the crust to set up and brown a bit)
By the time the oven heats up the crust should be crisp and ready for the toppings which you can add then drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 mins.

lillsy, Dec 28, 9:23am
I used tonight. I've been gluten free for a month or so and finding it hard to get the texture of bread which I miss so much. Anyway I used this recipe and used gluten free flour. (recipe was for normal flour).

1 cup self raising flour (I used gf and needed another handful to stop stickiness)
1/2 cup natural yoghurt.
mix it together. simple.

sounds weird but its DELICIOUS !

nzbadger, Dec 28, 9:58am
Thanks Lillsy.
Will copy & give it a go.
What brand of GF flour do you use?
I have been Gluten Free for 4 months now....

gojojo2, Dec 28, 11:23am
Can we have salami with that?

lillsy, Dec 28, 8:54pm
I used orgran as that's wat I had...anything will do if its gf ;) enjoy!!!

lillsy, Dec 28, 8:56pm
GoJo it's pizza you can use whatever toppings u like. I also added chopped garlic and grated parmesN to the base.

kitj1, Dec 30, 9:05am
Made pizza'susing the base recipe for lunch...YUM!Tomato sauce, bacon, onion,fresh basil & oregano, sliced tomato, venison salami, parmesan and feta.Going to try apricot, smoked chicken and camenbert next....

gardie, Dec 30, 5:44pm
Camembert on pizza - yum. I like to sprinkle some hikory sauce all over the top of the pizza before putting it in the oven.Goes all caramelised and adds an awesome flavour.

wingee, Dec 30, 7:17pm
I know this might sound a weird question, but I am assuming you pre cooked the base or do you add your ingredients onto the raw base and cook all at once........(Mrs W)

wingee, Dec 31, 7:27pm
Bump>>>>>

tantric5, Dec 31, 7:34pm
yummmmmmmmo

I made a pizza the other night ... ham,cheese,pineapple,macadamia-
nuts, sliced banana..

kitj1, Jan 2, 9:45am
wingee... I made the bases and added the toppings cooking only once. Bases cooked thru, crispy on the outer edge but still a soft dough in the centre of the pizza. Admittedly it was laden with tomato etc. I used baking paper on an aluminium sheet, going to look for a pizza stone as I like the bases crispy. Love the recipe though, soooo easy.

wingee, Jan 2, 7:30pm
Thanks for that, keen to give it a go too!!!I have one of those pizza stones that you see demonstrated and its electric with a lid which cooks the topping at the same time, I guess that would be the same..........

dezzie, Jan 2, 8:00pm
wow that pizza base does sound interesting, guess it would work with "ordinary" flour as well.

trish822, Jan 2, 10:34pm
Thanks Lillsy. We have had pizza at our house several times since reading your recipe. Great for using up leftovers as toppings.

gemini007, Jan 3, 3:08am
Awesome - sounds too simple - can't wait to try it.

vintagekitty, Jan 3, 3:09am
Im going to try it too, thanks lillsy

garfeild101, Jan 25, 11:13pm
For pizza bases I use Tortillas. thin and crispy and way less fat than the thick pan ones that soak up the oil

blackbriar, Jan 26, 4:55am
No #13 - Where do you buy electric pizza stones/ovens from?

uli, Jan 27, 5:16am
bump for other gluten free pizza cooks.