A Chocolate cake recipe wanted?

penni2010, Mar 3, 11:07pm
Please, it has to be really moist, nottoo dark ( ieblack) easy to make, and in your opinion the best chocolate cake you haveever made/tasted. . I would alsolikeagreat frosting recipe to go with it. . Don't want much do I?
Thanks in advance

penni2010, Mar 3, 11:09pm
Another recipe i would love to get is one forcake I had once and it was absolutely wonderful. itwas an orangechocolate chip cake. I Know ithad real orange in it. . I tried adaptingthe edmonds banana cake recipe. itwas okay but not in the sameleagueasthe cake I tasted.

245sam, Mar 3, 11:18pm
penni2010, I suggest that you try doing a search here on this MB, using 'Anytime' as the 'Date Posted' and as the 'Keyword' use... .

(a) chocolate cake - you'll find all the available earlier threads with a good variety of chocolate cake recipes
(b) Magical Orange Cake - that recipe is one that IS made with a "real orange" and it can be easily doubled and added to e. g. with chocolate chips - add about ½ cup.

Hope that helps. :-))

bluetigerrr, Sep 28, 11:55am
THE BEST! ! !

Wild One Raspberry Mud Cake – from Rocket Kitchen
Published in New Zealand Baker (Dean Brettschneider and Lauraine Jacobs).

Cake:

435ml hot water
325g softened butter
235g granulated sugar
40g cocoa powder
400g dark chocolate buttons
140g mashed raspberries
5ml raspberry essence (optional)
175g eggs (3. 5)
285g 'Champion' or 'Elfin' self-raising flour

Cake method:

1. Place the hot water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat and add butter, then set aside until just melted but still hot.
3. Combine the sugar, cocoa powder and chocolate in a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk.
4. Add the hot butter and water to the chocolate mixture, whisk on medium speed until smooth then mix in the mashed raspberries and raspberry essence.
5. Add the eggs one at a time while mixing and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
6. Sieve the flour, add to the mixture and whisk on low speed until the mixture is smooth.
7. Pour into a 23cm round loose base cake tin which has the sides and bottom lined with baking paper.
8. Place directly into preheated oven set at 150ºC and bake for 1. 5 hours or until a cake skewer comes out clean.
9. Once cool remove from the cake tin and take off the baking paper. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.

Ganache:

300ml fresh cream
500g dark chocolate buttons

Ganache method:

1. Place the cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate buttons.
3. Stir using a wooden spoon until the buttons have melted.
4. Leave to rest in the saucepan to thicken to pouring consistency - this should take approximately 45 minutes.
5. Place a sheet of baking paper underneath the cooling rack, then slowly pour the ganache over the cake, starting at the centre and moving towards the outside, ensuring that the cake is completely covered (you may need to use a palette knife).
6. Give the cooling rack a shake to allow the ganache to settle evenly on the cake.
7. Once the ganache has finished dripping, carefully lift the covered cake off the cooling rack and place on a serving plate.