Stained glass biscuits

sjc72, Dec 23, 8:26am
I just made some of these, but the lolly part stuck to the baking paper? I used it wax side up, do I need to grease/spray it as well? Apart from that they looked awesome.

shop-a-holic, Dec 23, 9:50am
DON'T TOUCH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leave to cool................

buzzy110, Dec 23, 10:21am
Umm. Are you sure you used baking paper? It is the same on both sides.

olwen, Dec 23, 5:26pm
The clue is wax side up.That's waxed paper, not baking paper.

tabitha, Dec 23, 8:51pm
They sound great but couln't find recipe. Anyone got time? Appreciate it.

tabitha, Dec 23, 10:09pm
Oh well......Merry Xmas all.

slaintewesties, Dec 23, 10:18pm
This comes from Alison Holst's Good Food

Ingredients

•225g Butter, softened
•275g Sugar
•½ t Baking Soda
•¼ cup Water
•500g Flour
•Boiled Sweets, finely crushed, e.g. lifesavers or clear lollipops
Method

1.Cream the butter and sugar
2.Dissolve baking soda in water. Add to creamed mixture.
3.Add flour to mixture.
4.Roll dough out thinly. Cut with large cutter and cut centres out with small cutter. Avoid having too thin a border as these break easily.
5.Place cut-outs on baking paper on a tray. Bake 180°C for about four minutes.
6.Remove from oven and add a generous amount of crushed sweets to centres. Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes until sugar melts and bubbles; and the biscuit is lightly browned.
7.Remove and let centre harden before removing from tray.
8.Store immediately in air-tight container or centres will become soft and sticky.

sjc72, Dec 24, 1:27am
Did it with baking paper not waxed paper this time and they worked well. I did what someone had done here on a previous thread. Pre-rolled sweet short pastry, lolly in hole in middle, bake at 180 for approx 10mins (until lolly is melted and pastry just cooked). My four year old did them for gifts for her grandparents, they are now all wrapped in clear cellophane, curling ribbon and look great. Thanks for everyone's help.

alimick, Dec 10, 6:49pm
I wish you could hang these for decorations but your can't because the lolly part goes all sticky and weeps.