Beer batter fish

lisa380, Dec 22, 3:47am
Hi there can i please have a recipe for a beer batter fish please for tea tonight, if this helps i am going to cook it in the deep fryer TIA

fisher, Dec 22, 5:10am
lisa... forget the beer batter... try this...
Mix some water with some self raising flour..
(use the beer if you must) :}}You want a nice "just drop off the spoon consistency" .. add a pinch or two of salt some WHITE pepper and a pinch or two of lemon pepper...(ONLY if you want and dont add tooooo much..)mix all well and dredge your dried fish fillets in some flour, dust off.. then into the batter and 170c deep fryer.. dont use a basket at this stage..... when the fillets are set... take them out and scoop out the "bits" of floating batter so they dont burn .. place on paper towels in a bowl to cool.. do the rest of your fillets the same way..when you have plated up your salads etc.. drop the fish fillets in the basket and into the deep fryer till golden brown ... serve and now is the time to salt and squeeze lemon juice... double cooking will give you a nice crisp thin batter.... do your chips the same way..double cook and place underneath the fish when back into the 180-185c temp...

margyr, Dec 22, 6:14am
approx 2 cups of flour (plain) 1 can of really cold beer mix till nice and runny. dip fish into flour, into batter and then into the deep fryer, only do a couple of peices at a time and shake your basket just after dropping fish in otherwise they stick to the bottom. You mayhave to add more beer, as I dont actually measure my flour.
I have not tried doing it without the basket, may try that next time.

pericles, Dec 22, 7:50pm
Beer Batter Recipe
Before you start, drink one beer to check for quality. Good, isn’t it? Now go ahead.

Ingredients

1 case beer
1 cups flour
2 large eggs
1 onion
salt and pepper
fish
deep fryer
oil

Method

Get a shallow bowl, fork, salt, pepper, etc. Drink another beer. It must be just right. To be sure beer is of the highest quality, drink another beer as fast as you can. Repeat.

With fork, mix flour in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of satl and imx again. Meanwhile, make sure that the beer is of the finest quality– drink another one. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 pinchers of epperp and mix till high. If yeg golk gets stuck in fork, just scrape it loose with a drewscriver. Drink another beer, checking for tonscisticity.

Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn’t matter which). Drink antoher reeb. Sift 1/2. Fold in chopped oninions and one babblespoon of bree, or whatever liquid you can find if you don’t want to waste beer. Wix mell. Have another beeber.

Pour oil in turn and fry deep fater to higher. Dump ifsh into miexd tabber. Now dropped fillettettes into feep dat rfyer and kooc. Drink the rest of the beer, plug unfry ther and bo to ged.

wingee, Dec 22, 8:14pm
OMG love it!!!!! can jsut picture it all nowLOL

pericles, Dec 3, 9:00pm
jsut???
me thinks you might have been having a couple