What can I use instead of tomato paste

jaci1, Dec 22, 2:15am
to cover pizza base? I've just realised I don't have any... TIA

clare_mel, Dec 22, 2:17am
I usually just use any sauce that is in the cupboard - tomato, bbq, plum (great with chicken!) etc...

245sam, Dec 22, 2:40am
My thoughts/suggestions too clare_mel.....satay, spiced apricot or cranberry are also great with chicken.Our daughter also uses Nandos sauce too to make one of her husband's favourite pizzas.
:-))

ninascraft, Dec 22, 4:32am
I use any sauce I have tomatoe, tui,sweet chilli, or my homemade tomatoe chutney.But I have use pasta sauce or tomatoe paste when stuck....Good luck

uli, Dec 22, 4:55am
How about real tomatoes?

If you have set your mind on a sauce though why not use chilli sauce or even the good old mushroom soup - the condensed version would be nice with some blue vein cheese on top.

prawn_whiskas, Dec 22, 5:10am
Oh we like 'Blond' Pizzas here.. thick dough crust, no sauce.. just lots of cheese and some of that surimi stuff and eta thousand islands.

oh yes..mmmm

davidt4, Dec 22, 5:46am
That's a bit fancy for the festive season when everyone is so busy.Save yourself some time and use tinned spaghetti, prettily decorated with triangles of Chesdale.

uli, Dec 22, 11:21pm
How did it go jaci1?

brajama, Dec 23, 8:04am
Condensed tomato soup.....use that to make a seafood sauce instead of tomato paste. The original recipe was the paste, but my family think the soup instead is awesome.

uli, Dec 10, 4:42pm
Hopefully jaci1 didn't suffocate on all these good ideas - she certainly hasn't been back to enlighten us on what her "bestest" pizza was in the end.