Countdown/smart shopper Frozen Xmas Pudding

mandie5, Dec 21, 9:29am
hi, i am trying to find a recipe by Richard Till,Countdown/Smart Shopper for my mum
She said it has mixed fruit,custard and cream in it then it was frozen.
(not sure what else as that was all she saw of the ad or whatever is was she watched)
I have looked on the countdown website but have had no luck

T I A

melford, Nov 27, 12:19pm
This is what i found but it doesn't have any custard in it.
Frozen Christmas Pudding (Richard Till)
Ingredients

* 4 litres vanilla ice cream
* 200g glacé cherries, chopped
* 140g pistachios, roughly chopped
* 1 tbsp canola oil
* 125g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
* 150g frozen raspberries, partially thawed
* ¼ cup icing sugar
* Extra strawberries, quartered to serve
* Extra icing sugar, to serve

Method

1. Lightly grease and line a 10 cup capacity glass bowl with plastic wrap. Remove both tubs of ice cream from the freezer. Reserve half the ice cream from one tub, put into another container and refreeze. Leave the remaining ice cream to stand at room temperature until softened (do not melt completely). Spoon into a large bowl. Add glacé cherries and pistachios and stir until well combined. Transfer to prepared bowl, spreading the mixture over the entire surface and leaving the centre empty.
2. Lightly brush the outside of a 4 cup capacity bowl with canola or vegetable oil. Place in the centre of the larger ice cream lined bowl. Freeze for about 1½ hours or until very firm. Remove inner bowl and return large bowl to freezer.
3. Remove the reserved ice cream from freezer and stand until softened. Place strawberries, raspberries and icing sugar in a food processor and process to a puree. Transfer softened ice cream to a large bowl. Add pureed fruit and stir well to combine. Spoon into the cavity formed by the smaller bowl. Return to the freezer until solid.
4. To serve, remove from freezer and place bowl upside down on a serving platter. Rub a warm wet cloth over the outside of the bowl to loosen. Gently ease pudding from bowl. Remove plastic wrap. Decorate with extra strawberries and dust with extra icing sugar.

Serves 8