No sugar Golden Syrup steamed pudding

ogden, Dec 20, 2:01am
Anyone have this recipe? My Aunty made 20 steamed puddings in those 900g fruit salad tins & they were put down in a hangi..... It was frickin moist & gorgeous!!! Trouble is I can't get hold of her for the recipe does anyone here have the sugar free golden syrup steamed pudding really want to make it on Xmas day...

ogden, Dec 20, 6:13am
I should have got the recipe of her before I left but forgot! She's in the Naki I'm in Whangarei....
I said to her "whats your secret Aunt" she said "No sugar my niece" "No sugar! The right hands & lots of love" lol I absolutely adore my elders so beautiful : )

prawn_whiskas, Dec 20, 6:30am
obvious question but (I am interested none the less) how is it sugar free? Golden Syrup is sugar.Or perhaps its just a matter of shes not adding any extra cane sugar to it Hmmmmm.

ogden, Dec 20, 11:51am
Then why ask then! I know what she meant.... Really!!!! there's sugar in Golden syrup WoW!!!! I should tell the old girl the next time I speak to her..

prawn_whiskas, Dec 20, 8:48pm
x1
Wow nice reply! and I was actually trying to help by finding the recipe and just needed clarification... but hey... why bother aye, others are right about this place! Nasty.

ogden, Dec 20, 9:18pm
Fanx you are so kind

buzzy110, Dec 21, 2:29am
You made a good point. No 1 posted an oxymoron and then gets snarkey when someone questions her logic. I too know exactly where to find this recipe on these boards but I don't think I'll bother to point her in the right direction either.

cgvl, Dec 21, 2:43am
ogden, have you tried using search on the left hand side. It may help.
Sorry I can't as don't make steamed pudd anymore and the ones I have all have sugar in them.

kulkkulbelle, Dec 21, 3:09am
Hi there.

This is an old family fave of ours but it includes Marmalade. I guess you could leave it out. It has a bit of added sugar though and is very moist

50g butter, plus 2tsp extra for greasing
1 tbsp golden syrup
3tsp marmalade
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup plain flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup hot milk
Custard to serve

1. Grease a steamed pudding basin with 2 teaspoons of softened butter. Spoon firstly golden syrup into the basin, followed by 1 tablespoon of marmalade.

2. Cream butter and sugar until pale, add egg and mix well. Stir in remaining marmalade.

3. Stir flour and salt then fold into mixture. Dissolve soda in hot milk and add.

4. Spoon mixture into basin, cover and screw on lid or use baking paper with string.

5. Steam for 35 minutes or until pudding feels firm to touch. Serve straightaway with custard.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 21, 3:29am
If that's the recipe #1 poster is after (and it probably is!) - how on earth is that sugar free? Fascinating!

buzzy110, Dec 21, 3:34am
LOL. Must be that anything with less than 1kg of sugar in it can be considered sugar free. That can be the only explanation.

cloudberry, Dec 21, 5:24am
It's a fair question, Ogden, which didn't deserve such a sarcastic reply.

kiwibubbles, Dec 21, 7:57am
I think its called a burnt sugar steamed pudding cos this group were selling it at work as part of a hangi?

ogden, Dec 21, 9:37am
Thanks bubbles, Managed to get hold of her & she is sending me the recipe. Will let you know if it's the same : )

kulkkulbelle, Nov 27, 3:11pm
Do let us all know the recipe!!