Christmas ice cream or a nice easy pudding help

gijoe131, Dec 19, 8:01am
Hi there, i'm after a christmas ice cream recipe or a nice and easy pudding. Thanks in advance

molly37, Dec 19, 8:28am
Someone told me this week about mixing together a large tub of plain ice cream with a short tub of custard, can mix in berries, or chopped crunchie bars, place back into tub or a nice mould to refreeze. Ambrosia is easy and yum. Whip a med bottle of cream, mix into this a large container of yoghurt, I use berry. then add chopped marshmallows, strawberries, pineapple, choc buttons. Anything you fancy really. Very Yum and easy.

rosathemad, Dec 19, 9:51am
Semifreddo can be a good option - it's a frozen dessert, but not as creamy as ice-cream, and you let it defrost a little before eating so you get lots of contrast - frozen bits, creamy/runny bits - I have a yummy recipe with raspberries, and you sprinkle berries, amaretti biscuits (which you can get from the supermarket) and honey over top, it looks very festive and doesn't take long to make. :-) Recipe is here: http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/12/raspberry-honey-semifreddo.html

kiwi_jen, Dec 19, 10:16am
Soften a container of vanilla ice cream.Mix in cherries or raspberries, slivered almonds and chunks of chocolate.Pour into a loaf tin and freeze.Soooo yum!!

alebix, Dec 19, 10:30am
Add a teaspoon of mixed spice tot he ice cream to give a real xmassy flavour.... try it in a small bit first...

lost-in-oz, Nov 17, 4:46pm
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Easy-Mix-Butter-Cake-L497.html

I have used this recipe alot.It's so easy to just chuck into the mixer and leave it to do it's thing.

To make it extra special I use three tablespoons of raspberry jam (mixed so theres no lumps) and layer the cake mix with spots of jam, then swirl lightly together.When you cut the cake after cooking it you get the swirls of jam through the cake...very nice.

Its a quick, easy dessert as is or you can jazz it up abit with berry sauce (frozen berries and sugar to taste) and cream.