Brown Rice Salad recipes

kbrough, Dec 19, 4:20am
if anyone has the one with the apricots and cashews I'd be greatful - thanks.

noonesgirl, Dec 19, 4:52am
go into l/h message board. key in brown rice salad then where it says date posted put anytime. maybe someting there.

noonesgirl, Dec 19, 4:58am
Off Google (more there. I'd replace the raisins with apricots)

Brown Rice Salad with Raisins and Cashews
2/3 cup cooked cold brown rice
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons raisins
1/4 cup toasted cashews (unsalted), chopped
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
6 tablespoons extra- virgin olive oil
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
3 tablespoons Italian (flat leafed) parsley, chopped

In a medium bowl, combine the brown rice with the carrots, pepper, raisins and cashews. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and the olive oil. Pour over the salad, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Sprinkle the parsley over the top, mix lightly. Serve cold. (Approximately 3-4 servings)

seasiders, Dec 19, 6:35am
x1
Cook 1 cup of brown rice with the absorbtion method.
Shake together in a jar- 1/4 cup malt vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, 1tsp curry powder, 1 clove crushed garlic, 1tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp brown sugar, pepper.
mix this through the rice.
Add chopped red pepper, nuts of your choice and dried fruit of your choice- apricots would be nice!
You can also add a freshly chopped apple if you are serving straight away.
i usually make this with peanuts, raisins and the red pepper and evryone and everyone always loves it, goes down fast!

If you need it to be gluten free, use white vinegar, and use tamari instead of the soy sauce.

fishheadsoup, Dec 19, 8:47am
its got to be Toadies brown salad its the best ever search on the left

fruitluva2, Dec 19, 10:09pm
I've heard lots about Toadies brown rice salad

earthangel4, Dec 19, 10:19pm
yes Toadies,is the only one I make,its so yum

smileeah, Dec 19, 10:23pm
Toadies is very nice indeed, but the onion was a bit overpowering for me. I might try spring onions next time. Or red onion even...

shell93, Dec 20, 5:55am
just had a look for toadies brown rice salad looks same/similar to the one i have. I put cashews in instead of peanuts because i have a peanut allergy child.for something different use red quinoa instead of rice...YUM

toadfish, Dec 20, 6:05am
I cut the onion super fine and then the hot rice cooks it so I have never been overpowered by it.

I have also made it with diced apricots instead of raisins and frequently use mixed nuts... the funniest time was when I thought I was being smart and brought "Trail Mix" from the bulk bins... lots of different dried fruits... lots of different nuts.... but then realised when I was adding it that it had choc covered raisins... think I managed to pick most of them out lol.

smileeah, Nov 23, 12:10pm
Thanks for that, I think the rice had cooled too much by the time I added the onion. I'll try doing what you say next time.