Chicken dish for Christmas

coconutbuns, Dec 18, 11:41am
Something yummy & different. Any ideas?

gypsy11, Dec 18, 12:03pm
Yes, I am stuffing a chicken but am putting the stuffing on the out side to fully in case with the berry, herb and orange stuffing.
Also you could take the chicken off the carcass, called tunnel boning. Stuff the centre and roll it, and tie it! Done this before and it was a real winner! Rolled it in bacon also! Makes carving a dawdle!

510, Dec 18, 3:58pm
Thru google I found a recipe (NZ Woman's Weekly) called Xmas cracker chicken salad that I plan to make for tonight as we are having friends around for dinner. I had bought a rotisserie chicken & I wanted something easy.

toadfish, Nov 12, 2:54am
Looked it up, very easy and delicous

Christmas cracker chicken salad

1 rotisserie chicken
1 bunch asparagus, cut in quarters
2 carrots, peeled and cut in strips
1 red capsicum, cut in strips with seeds removed
2 sticks celery, cut in strips
150g baby spinach
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted

SESAME DRESSING
3 tbsp tahini (sesame seeds paste)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp cold water
Salt and pepper

1. Remove chicken flesh from bones. Discard the skin and bones. Shred or slice chicken flesh into bite-sized pieces.

2. Cook asparagus in boiling, salted water for two minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water to cool.

3. Drain well and place in a large salad bowl with the remaining salad ingredients, except the sesame seeds.

4. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Serve scattered with the toasted sesame seeds.

TIP
A chicken salad like this one is a great way to extend cooked chicken to feed a crowd. Serve as an all-in-one main course or as a centrepiece to the Christmas buffet table