Boneless ham in the crockpot?

bunnyclan, Dec 17, 11:26pm
Hi, has anyone cooked a boneless ham in the crockpot with a glaze or some yummy liquids?

It it worked thought it would be one less thing to fit in the oven on Christmas day.

Anyone have some yummmy recipes to share?
Thanks

bunnyclan, Dec 18, 12:19am
Think I'll give this one from About.com a go:

Make this simple recipe for a gorgeous glazed ham in your slow cooker, and have time to enjoy your company and prepare the rest of the meal.
Ingredients:
• 5 lb. bone in fully cooked ham
• 1/3 cup apple juice
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 Tbsp. honey
• 1 Tbsp. mustard
• 1/8 tsp. pepper
Preparation:
Place ham in 4-5 quart crockpot and pour apple juice over ham. Combine brown sugar, honey, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl and blend well. Spread over ham. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Slice and serve. 12 servings

samanya, Dec 18, 4:27am
that sounds lovely ...I might even give that a go myself.

p1glet, Dec 18, 8:37pm
That sounds delicious!

white_elephant, Dec 18, 8:47pm
I have a cooked ham on the bone, can I do this too? I'm not eating pig meat at the moment but have been given one for Christmas day and it cooking in the crock pot will certainly make the day easier for me with all the other stuff in the oven.

white_elephant, Dec 19, 3:18am
Oops have just noticed that bunnyclans recipe is for 'bone in' ham

sumstyle, Dec 19, 3:19am
white_e, the recipe above in post 2 says it is for an already cooked ham on the bone, so it certainly seems it would apply to your situation?

bunnyclan, Dec 25, 9:19pm
Well I made my own recipie up in the end.I put a Freedom Farms boneless mini ham in the crockpot with about 1/3 cup of apple juice and the juice from a can of crushed pineapple.Then I mixed the crushed pinapple with a couple of table spoons of worcester sauce and a splodge of bbq sauce and spread it on the top of the ham.In the crock for 6hrs - beautiful :-)The hit of our Christmas lunch (hubby set the timer up to turn the crock on at 4am).

pickles7, Dec 25, 9:40pm
that sounded nice.....bunnyclan.....

cottagerose, Dec 20, 11:04pm
I wonder if this would work well for roast pork as well.
I know someone who does roast pork in crockpot and they say its lovely. Crackle would be done in the oven