Low carb / no carb people

Page 472 / 472
kimmartinez, Jan 29, 7:27pm
HI everyone, I got the DVD (thanks again) and invited a friend over to watch, it was great, so informative but I am so ANGRY at "them" for making me think I was doing the right think for my kids whereas I have basically been feeding them sugar all day!Whole wheat bread, weetbix, fruit, pasta,I was so happy that they weren't really into sweets and chocolates, but I have been giving them sugar ALL DAY thinking it was the healthy option for them GRRRRRRRRR

Ok rant over, now to get them eating more eggs, meat, and veg.wish me luck!

marielize1, Jan 29, 7:33pm
I'm happy to see the disks are arriving, clean disks are nice to have as I can keep on sending, but it is really not very important. It is more important to spread the knowledge so that people can start making more informed choices. So lend your copies to friends or loved ones!

kirinesha, Jan 29, 7:38pm
Kim, it's a huge shock isn't it! Dazz and I watched this together and just shook our heads. All of a sudden you end up with such a different perspective on what is honestly good for you and what's not!

Do delve into the LC recipe thread for ideas - Accroul and Doug both cook for families so have some proven recipes for kids.

kirinesha, Jan 29, 7:38pm
You're bit of an angel Marielize.

kimmartinez, Jan 29, 8:28pm

marielize1, Jan 29, 8:53pm
Depressing, I spend hours walking down the meat isles trying to get the fatter lamb chops, and all I find is chops trimmed or with very little fat on the sides. I am more than willing "to pay less!" for them,

accroul, Jan 29, 9:31pm
same here marielize!

Right, off to find lamb/mutton flap recipes.

maxwell.inc, Jan 29, 10:54pm
Guys I can recommend these farmers for whole lamb purchases. and they ship NZ wide (around $30 shipping max). will still cost you LESS per kg than the supermarket including shipping. if you have room in your freezer for a whole packed lamb and are able to spend 100-200 in one go (depends if you want one side or whole) then DO it. its FANTASTIC meat. you can even ASK them to leave all the trim on.

http://www.waioralamb.co.nz/

marielize1, Jan 29, 10:58pm
Thanks Maxwell, between me and my dogs I'm sure we will finish it off!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 29, 10:59pm
Thanks so much for that Maxwell. When we've cleared out the freezer I'll order through them. Sounds brilliant.
Now how about a source of beef!!

maxwell.inc, Jan 29, 11:22pm
Beef is a bit harder. just really due to the shear size of the buggers, so thats something you will have to look around locally for, start off by asking small independent butchers if they supply 1/4 or half beasts (some do). or if they know of any small boutique farms around that sell their own meats (like Waiora lamb do) . if you know of anyone in the farming community. ask around :o)

uli, Jan 30, 2:02am
Your cheapest beef comes from the livestock auctions - however it will not be organic. Instead of having it delivered to your farm you have it delivered to your homekill butcher :)

Alternatively check organic farmers in your area out - but this can be quite expensive!

The Mathesons in Kumeu have an organic market garden and also grow some beef cows for sale: Eco-Organics Farm Shop, 153 Ararimu Valley Rd, Kumeu, Ph 09 411 8466.

These are the prices:
http://www.eco-organics.co.nz/superjanesorganicmeats.htm

bedazzledjewels, Feb 19, 2:21am
BTW - I'm full of admiration that you can stop at half an Atkins bar!

doug57, Apr 17, 3:01am
500! cos I CAN!

kirinesha, May 7, 11:12pm
Have you tried Xylitol at all Max!

bedazzledjewels, May 8, 1:36am
Maxwell - kindly suggest that you delete #7490 before the wicked ones report you.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 17, 5:19am
Marielize - do you have a link to the article please!
There's a whole calorie restriction movement out there. They may live longer but they look really miserable!
Protein recommendations are all over the place. It's really difficult who to believe. Welcome to the newbies. Just follow your nose to the dark side.

doug57, Sep 13, 9:48am
and Nutritional Information: Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.

uli, Sep 15, 6:43am
Most of the NZ diet is not "normal" for me - as it is mostly processed or hydroponic food like sausages, packet sauces, tinned soups, frozen pizzas, white turbo bread, breakfast meats (looks like dog roll to me), most cold cuts (except from the Swiss or German butchers) contain soy products and other nasties for example. I was completely stunned some time ago to buy some roast beef which really looked just like roast beef sliced only to find on the price sticker that it contained soy products. So that is NOT a "normal" diet for me.
Other people may think that the human race has adapted to this type of eating over the years. However it is really only 60 years at most - = 3 generations - that we indulge in this cr@p food, so hardly anybody would have adapted to it - and the dis-eases and problems are showing now.

guest, Apr 25, 10:52am
Hello! eddebec interesting eddebec site! I'm really like it! Very, very eddebec good!

guest, Nov 22, 12:07pm
Hello! ddfddad interesting ddfddad site! I'm really like it! Very, very ddfddad good!