Low carb / no carb people

Page 2 / 472
spider74, Jan 28, 12:01pm
marielize1 & accroul ,

firstly thank u so much for answering & giving your time & thoughts i really appreciate that...
marielize i'd be very interested in a dvd about that thank you that wud be great...
accroul i can cut out potatoes thats no problem, its just finding that substitute,
really no crackers at all ? what about crispbread ones?
where do i find red8 & balance to replace the up & go? make with cream? that surely wud be a no no ? never tryed coconut cream either heard its good for thyroid conditions?
i'm not a big fan of cauliflower unless its with cheese & bacon but i'll give it a go.
fruit is going to be hard for me i love fruit, i usually buy apples, grapes, bananas, strawber-
ries & yogurt for a fruit salad mix...
i invested in an omelet maker which is great but i think eggs will become tiresome sooner than later for me... eggnog praps?
i know i need to get creative but it seems so limited what we can have... mum has been buying tinned salmon or ham & sometimes we hav that for tea with boiled egg & beetroot, beans or peas from the garden thats ok isn't it?
thank you so much for your input & i hope u had a nice dinner ;)

male_timaru, Jan 28, 12:23pm
Very healthy day today until i got to evening time lol

Breakfast 8 Weetbix (as usual) with one spoonful of sugar

Lunch was a lovely home-made mixture of mashed potatoes and red cabbage (all mashed together) with 3 rashers of bacon chopped in to it

Supper was a quick and easy 3 sandwiches (marmite cheese and tomato)

Evening meal followed by dvd night so ate $4. 87 of sweets lol

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 5:53pm
You're in the wrong thread TM.
Go to bed!

accroul, Jan 28, 7:07pm
FAT IS PHAT!

gaba1, there are 3 different sources of fuel that the body can get energy from - carbs, fat or alcohol.
In the absence of carb from the diet, the body must get it's energy from some other dietry source, so that leaves either fat or alcohol. Although alcohol is a fuel, it's not a particularly good one, so that leaves fat! We're not eating it for the sake of it, or just because it tastes good, we eat it because we know that the body NEEDS it.
When you switch to low carb it can be hard to loose the low fat mantra of conventional wisdom, but it is important that you do so for the sake of your own health. If you see fat on your meat - leave it there and eat it - not just for the energy it will give you, but also fats are good natural sources of some minerals. Butter is a good source of selenium - a natural antioxidant and also butyric acid which can protect the body from intestinal 'upsets' - also contains a range of important vitamins. Coconut oil is also very good for you too.

kirinesha, Jan 28, 7:13pm
Thanks Accroul, I was feeling far too lazy to give such a comprehensive answer last night!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 7:14pm
Your body will also convert excess protein to glucose via gluconeogenesis. (I just love that word! )

accroul, Jan 28, 7:23pm
spider74 - I wasn't joking with the comment about crackers - crackers bought from the supermarket are all made from grains and not low in carbs. There is a recipe in the Lo Carb recipe thread for crackers made with almond meal/flour and cheese - these are baked in the oven and are very nice. I beleive that you can also make a flax wrap and then bake that to a crisp too.
Red8 or Balance protein powders you'll find in a health food store or sports store. and yes - make it with cream or coconut cream - read post #5730.
Your dinner sounds like it's nearly there - I'd not eat the beetroot or the peas though.
Fruit, give it a break for a while, then go back to just eating perhaps 1/2 a cup of berries to start with.
If you don't like the idea of substituting cauliflower for potato then my question is do you really need a substitute? There are some nights where I find that I just have green beans and a piece of meat on my plate. Cauliflower might be my 'potato' but I don't HAVE to have it on my plate every night.

kirinesha, Jan 28, 7:25pm
Spider, read through the Low Carb Recipe thread - I bet there are ways you never even dreamed of cooking cauliflower - and they are fabulous!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 7:49pm
Need some suggestions -
Since yesterday I've been feeling a bit light-headed - not dizziness but close to it.
Any ideas as to what I should do about it? TIA.

kirinesha, Jan 28, 7:52pm
Cut back on combining alcohol with bungy jumps?

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 7:53pm
Haha! Go to work!

kirinesha, Jan 28, 7:54pm
Oh all right, if I must!

accroul, Jan 28, 8:33pm
So was it you who kirinesha was going to watch jump of the bridge then?
1. Are you eating enough protein?
2. Are you taking potassium? (I'm sure you are)
3. Are you dehydrated?
4. Could it be vertigo? - thinking of an inner ear imbalance from jumping off a bridge? ?

In all honesty, I have no idea - but I hope it goes away soon for you!

kirinesha, Jan 28, 8:35pm
Nah, it was an American business guest I was entertaining. Dazz is more of a retail shopping thrill seeker!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 8:40pm
Thanks Friends (! ).
I haven't been taking potassium but I have just had one. :-)
I'm also looking reactive hypoglycaemia - or a mild version of it. Will have to listen to Dr Berkowitz's interview again.

accroul, Jan 28, 8:58pm
I didn't think she was that sort of person... ...

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 9:00pm
You lot are cheeky this morning! I'll have to get chooky to sort you out!

kirinesha, Jan 28, 9:05pm
Ok, I promise to be good! Anything but a chook attack!

accroul, Jan 28, 9:06pm
Idle threats... ... .

maxwell.inc, Jan 28, 9:14pm
up your complex carbs for a little while. . and yes I am serious. . you have gone to far for YOUR body chemistry at THIS point in Time. . have been studying lots while I've been MIA from the boards. You've even cut out your berries from a past post, listen to your body, it wants something, needs something, work out what it is... from my readings. . for most. . thats complex carbs ... too low for too long can cause issues. .

Epigenetics is my latest binge... We change our cells, genes, DNA by what we do to our selves... its not reversible.

uli, Jan 28, 9:18pm
From another low-carb thread:
Things that spring to my mind are
- Are you drinking enough water
- or maybe your blood pressure is a bit low.
- Are you having caffeine withdrawals (Stopped ordinary coffee, chocolate or coke)
- Are you sleeping Ok
- If you start to feel light headed etc... grab yourself some potassium tablets

So pretty much the same advice as above.

uli, Jan 28, 9:24pm
Yes maxwell - it IS reversible - also with epigenetics :)

I think what you mean to say is that you can permanently change your cells AND that this change will be carried on in succeeding generations of cells - and so also to your kids.

Read The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton and you'll see how you can reprogram cells by thought alone - pretty much what Brandon Bays says since 10 years (or longer) and what the whole "Journey" stuff is based on.

So you can "undo" the harm as well as do it LOL - you just need a good system that works. Positive thoughts alone will NOT do it unfortunately.

http://www.brucelipton.com/

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 9:27pm
Righto - that's nice to get some "serious" advice Kirinesha (winks)!

Thanks all of you. I'm off to have a bowl of berries and cream.
Blood pressure is okay thankfully.

I've been meaning to look at epigenetics. Uli and Maxwell - can you recommend a good place to start?
Thanks.

kirinesha, Jan 28, 9:32pm
Ok, I'm NOT a serious person, you should know that by now Dazz!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 28, 9:36pm
And we love you for it too! ~