Ideas for home made goodies for Xmas. TIA

510, Dec 15, 6:35pm
Making Xmas gifts to go on thosesquare foam plates tied up in cellophane for pressies this year.would really appreciate some more ideas.

510, Dec 15, 8:59pm
Thanks Pamelie,Those recipes are just the 'ticket'Just got some good recipe books from the library.Going to make little chocolate swirl cheese cakes, Xmas cathedral cake In small tins.Ginger nut truffles.One is for the staff at my Gp's so the cheese cakes will be eaten straight away.They are made in paper cases & look so cute in the photo.Also going to make more shortbread.

pamellie, Dec 15, 10:44pm
Yum they all sound good!

510, Dec 16, 1:37am
Just madethe cheese cakes & some christmas muffins.I took a risk as it was the first time that I had made them. I have already given them away.

coconutbuns, Dec 16, 6:38pm
You guys (ladies) are all so creative!

510, Dec 16, 8:56pm
Toady, they look so lovely, a couple of weeks ago I printed out that recipe but as yet I haven't made it, but I plan to make it for pressies.Last night I made strawberry jam to put in hampers to give as pressies on Xmas day.

rubyjane11, Dec 16, 9:29pm
toady....they look stunning what a great gift idea!!

hollypc, Dec 17, 7:53am
truffles that are easy an nice is two packets of either toffee pops or choc mints or what ever biscuits you want , put in processor and munch up then add packet of cream cheese combine and roll in coconut or nutsetc , yum yum and easy

coconutbuns, Dec 18, 11:26am
You are so clever, they are so pwetty!

turkey_foot, Dec 18, 6:14pm
im doing the same this year #1.....im doing - mellowpuff puddings, chocs, melted choc with nuts/fruit on them, shortbread, gindergread, jam tarts and xmas mince tarts......all home made :) plus if i find anything else yummy to make il be doing that too...

510, Dec 15, 8:59pm
Thanks Pamelie,Those recipes are just the 'ticket'Just got some good recipe books from the library.Going to make little chocolate swirl cheese cakes, Xmas cathedral cake In small tins.Ginger nut truffles.One is for the staff at my Gp's so the cheese cakes will be eaten straight away.They are made in paper cases & look so cute in the photo.Also going to make more shortbread.

510, Dec 16, 8:56pm
Toady, they look so lovely, a couple of weeks ago I printed out that recipe but as yet I haven't made it, but I plan to make it for pressies.Last night I made strawberry jam to put in hampers to give as pressies on Xmas day.

rubyjane11, Dec 16, 9:29pm
toady.they look stunning what a great gift idea!

turkey_foot, Dec 18, 6:14pm
im doing the same this year #1.im doing - mellowpuff puddings, chocs, melted choc with nuts/fruit on them, shortbread, gindergread, jam tarts and xmas mince tarts.all home made :) plus if i find anything else yummy to make il be doing that too.

uli, Dec 19, 3:42am
bump for last minute gifts.

baalamb, Dec 19, 4:21am
Thread bought marshmallow onto skewers, drizzle with melted chocolate. When set, wrap individually in cellophane, with a label suggesting that they can be used as 'stirrers' for coffee or hot chocolate.perfect for the kids to make, or help with.

elliehen, Dec 19, 4:24am
Now that is brilliant!

jen69, Dec 21, 9:20pm
A s a christmas food gift idea I have made a pavlova, bought cream, kiwfruit to go with it, and wrapped it up kiwi themed, and plan to give it to afriend who is a new migrant to NZ from China,along with a "voucher" for a free pavlova cooking lesson. Helps her english too! You could do the voucher idea for all sorts of things.

ant_sonja, Dec 21, 9:56pm
We bottled hubby's 'secret' BBQ sauce/marinade this year. Great for the grilling season and everyone always raves about it :-) Also made ginger stained glass cookies, little individual parcels wrapped in cellophane.

cookessentials, Dec 21, 10:11pm
We have a "foodie" gifts thread here also