Has everyone got there Christmas menu sorted yet?

obi1kenobi10, Dec 15, 2:41pm
I haven't I really need to get on to it.

ashanti, Dec 15, 10:50pm
NO, not us, thinking of chicken halves marinated overnight in garlic salt and olive oil, then cooked over lowcoals, Argentinian friend introduced us to this way of cooking and absolutely delicious- you make fire close by and then transfer a spade of coals at a time over to whatever you are cooking.

a_n_h, Dec 15, 11:04pm
yup. have been sorted for awhile now. just waiting for the day now :)

skydancing, Dec 16, 12:41am
All sorted and written out and checked that everyone is happy lol. Including those in Dublin and in Wellington who are all headed for my place!!

purplegoanna, Dec 16, 1:05am
yip we're doing a bring a plate brunch dish, im doing bacon & egg au gratin so im sussed!

accroul, Dec 16, 3:06am
Hot ham with potato salad + a pear, walnut & blue cheese salad & garlic bread for mains.
Dessert will be steamed pud with brandy butter & rum custard along with a pav & some jelly for the kiddies.

At least that is my CURRENT menu!

eastie3, Dec 16, 3:35am
This is the latest menu,it's bound to change...

Ham,something chicken-y or porky yet to be decided and a vegetarian main for my daughter,also yet to be decided.Previous suggestions have been not as enthusiastically received as I had hoped they would be. She has been a vegetarian since her teens and we always thought it would be just another phase,but 20yrs later,she's hangin' in there dammit.It's so much easier just having to cater one meal.It will be accompanied by plenty of booze,mainly bubbles for me,just to wash away the stress of the week.

For afters,a very sherry trifle,a pav and fresh fruit salad - raspberries,blueberries,strawb-
erriesmango and passionfruit etc.

I much prefer the afters.

vtired, Dec 16, 4:00am
Ours is a barby / buffet w rotisserie seasoned wild pork on barby, ham and turkey platter, venison stk, saus, paua patties and scallops wrapped in bacon cooked in garlic butter w buttered and minted new pots, tossed green salad, rice salad, coleslaw, garlic bread and dessert is homemade pavs w strawberries and kiwi fruit drizzled w choc, trifle and frsh fruitsalad, choc eclairs and xmas cake washed down w a nice cold glass bubbles, the day will start w frsh herb dip and a platter of nibbles. I hope and pray the day is fine.

gardie, Nov 3, 10:48am
Sadly its only 8 of us this year.
Light brunch:Croissants, bacon, (may make some into devils on horseback)egg, pancakes, fresh fruit.

Dinner (evening this year): Hot glazed Ham; roast chicken, mealie pudding, swede, new potatoes and salads from the garden.Desserts are trifle, pavlova, christmas pudding, fresh fruit salad and cream/ice cream.

During the day nibbles:Home made Christmas mince pies, variety of truffles and a choice of two christmas cakes; traditional and chocolate fruit.