Dairy Free whipped cream equivalent recipes please

estspec, Dec 15, 7:32am
Hi there, my daughter gets eczema from dairy products and missing cream on things , especially with Xmas coming up.Is there any recipes that can be made that would be suitable? If possible it be a vegetarian recipe too. I googled a product that is soy whipping cream and it is $9 plus postage,for a tetra pack but doesn't say how much it contains. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated. TIA

frances1266, Dec 15, 7:06pm
Mock cream is very good.It can be made using margarine.Dont have a recipe handy at the moment but if no one else posts it will hunt it out.You may find it in the Edmonds book as it wasvery popular some years ago.It tastes really nice.

nauru, Dec 15, 8:52pm
You could try this mock cream recipe, it says butter but you could try margarine instead.
Mock cream:
1/3 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
125g butter
Combine water and sugar, stir over heat, dissolve sugar.
Bring to boil, remover from heat.
When completely cold, beat butter and vanilla until white and fluffy, gradually add cold syrup, beating constantly.

buzzy110, Dec 15, 10:04pm
It is not usual to get eczema from cream - usually only from milk products. Are you certain about the cream induced eczema?

This may mean she could probably eat butter as well, if you 'clarify' it.

Just a thought and your daughter may, indeed, get eczema from the fat from dairy as well.

estspec, Dec 16, 4:23am
Thank you for your input everyone. I am not sure about the cream vs milk eczema. She has tried to eliminate all dairy products. I will suggest it to her that cream may be ok. It may be the way to go with mock cream also.

winnie15, Dec 16, 5:22am
there is a product called kreem , you can get it from here
http://www.alfafoods.co.nz/Home/OurProducts/AlfaKreem/tabid/14267/Default.aspx

winnie15, Dec 16, 5:27am
there is also cashew nut cream recipes out there too which are also vegan
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Cashew-Cream, .

nauru, Dec 16, 6:37am
I really thought that this was no longer available. It's a great product, I always used it until the supermarkets stopped stocking it.Not seen it for a few years now.Will check out your link winnie, thanks.

estspec, Nov 5, 12:51am
I talked to my daughter and she does still gets eczema from cream and yoghurt. I looked at the Kreem link winnie15 provided and that looks like it might be a cheaper option than another product I found on the internet. Also the recipes will be worth giving a try. many thanks:-)