Gluten free biscuit recipes

tedddybear, Dec 13, 11:06pm
i would like to make some gluten free biscuits for my daughter in law and put in a basket for her and my son for christmasmy son is not gluten free so of course his favorite biscuits well be going in the basket to

nzbadger, Dec 14, 4:02am
• Chewy Almond Orange Biscuits Gluten Free
Ingredients
2 cups ground almonds
1 cup Chelsea Caster Sugar
finely grated rind of one orange
2 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
1 heaped Tbsp Chelsea Honey Maple Syrup, warmed
Chelsea Icing Sugar to dust
Method
Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Dust this with icing sugar. Mix all ingredients to a thick paste. Sieve a layer of icing sugar onto the work surface and roll small balls of mixture in the icing sugar to coat well. Press down on the trays leaving plenty of room to spread. (Biscuits just need to be pressed down slightly not flattened out with a fork as you do with other biscuits). Bake for 15 - 18 minutes then cool on a wire rack - store in an airtight container. Makes approx. 24
Tip: To prevent the jagged edges you can get when cutting cooled slices such as muesli slice, use a sharp knife to score the bars, as soon as the tray comes out of the oven. Then cut the cooled bars along the scored lines.

nzbadger, Dec 14, 4:04am
Peanut Butter cookies
• Only three ingredients and they turn out as if flour has been added to them.
• 1 cup smooth peanut butter (you can use crunchy),
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 egg.
• Set oven to 175 C.
• Mix ingredients together and put in spoonful lots on baking sheet, flatten with fork and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes.
• Watch them as they burn easy.
• Yummy, and you can always add chocolate bits too if you want.

I got this off here recently, sorry can't remember who posted it. :-)

nzbadger, Dec 14, 4:05am
• White Chocolate Almond Macaroons Gluten Free
Ingredients
4 egg whites
2 Tbsp Chelsea Caster Sugar
1 cup ground almonds
2 cups Chelsea Icing Sugar
1 Tbsp maize cornflour
1 cup white chocolate melts
Method
Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Beat egg whites until stiff then, while continuing to beat, slowly add the caster sugar. Stir in the remaining dry ingredients. Place tablespoons of mixture the prepared tray and bake for 18 - 20 minutes, until golden brown. Do not open the oven door while cooking. Remove from oven and cool on the tray.
To serve, glue pairs of macaroons together with melted white chocolate.
Makes: 36 biscuits

tedddybear, Dec 14, 1:10pm
Thank you so much nzbadger looking forward to making them at the weekend.

jrskev, May 28, 8:22pm
Im looking for a peanut butter cookie recepie but it had polenta in it does anyone have one ive lost mine

theanimal1, May 28, 11:02pm
Lemon ShortbreadGluten free

Ingredients

250g butter,( i use golden harvest margarine, dairy free ) softened but not melted
1 1/2 cups maize cornflour
3/4 cup rice flour
3/4 cup Chelsea Icing Sugar
1 tsp grated lemon rind

Method

Preheat oven to 150°C.

Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and well combined. Roll dough on a maize cornflour dusted surface to a 1cm thickness. Cut into fingers or press out shapes using cookie cutters. Place on a baking tray and prick with a fork. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until pale but crisp (longer slower baking is the trick with shortbread). Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.

Makes: 35 - 40 pieces

nzbadger, Dec 15, 4:02am
• Crunchy Peanut Butter Biscuits Gluten Free
Ingredients
Makes approximately 32
2 cups extra crunchy peanut butter
1 cup Chelsea Icing Sugar
1 cup Chelsea White Sugar
2 eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Method
Preheat oven to 170°C. Cover a baking tray with non stick baking paper.
Mix all ingredients until well combined. Drop spoonfuls onto the prepared tray and flatten with a wet fork. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.

nzbadger, Dec 15, 4:04am
Peanut Butter cookies
• Only three ingredients and they turn out as if flour has been added to them.
• 1 cup smooth peanut butter (you can use crunchy),
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 egg.
• Set oven to 175 C.
• Mix ingredients together and put in spoonful lots on baking sheet, flatten with fork and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes.
• Watch them as they burn easy.
• Yummy, and you can always add chocolate bits too if you want.

I got this off here recently, sorry can't remember who posted it. :-)