What to do with pork mince?!

Page 1 / 2
shedz2, Dec 13, 9:13pm
Have got some pork mince in the freezer and not sure what to do with it? Anyone got any ideas / great recipes for this? Thanks :)

talent.scout, Dec 13, 9:16pm
Wontons or spring rolls.Cook pork mince with garlic and onions, a dash of soy, a little sesame oil if you have it.Stir through shredded cabbage or cooked rice, and spoon onto spring roll wrappers, roll and fold into shape.Deep fry or bake.

taniajane, Dec 13, 9:24pm
Time for Frikadeller!great on their own with potato and salad even better in a burger this time of year.I just use pork in the patties, i never use veal.Must be cooked in butter, not frikadeller with out the butter.

spongeypud, Dec 13, 9:57pm
I'm going to make Chinese pork dumplings with mine, they are lovely. Dumpling wrappers are a godsend!

245sam, Dec 13, 10:06pm
A few more suggestions.....meatballs, meat loaf, cottage pork pie - for more ideas and recipes try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using pork mince as the Keywords and Anytime as the Date posted option and/or have a look amongst the Trademe Cooks recipes that can be accessed/downloaded from:-

http://www.e-ware.co.nz/downloads.htm (scroll to the bottom of that page)

Hope that helps.:-))

ruth2bears, Dec 15, 8:54am
On Masterchef (Can't remember if it was NZ or Oz) one of the chefs/judges commented that pork mince is the absolute best to use for lasagne as the flavour is far better than beef mince.

molly37, Dec 15, 8:57am
that sounds yum, where you do get the spring roll wrappers?? And Asian groceries I suspect?

540trickzter, Dec 15, 9:26am
Make it yourself, very easy.

kiwibubbles, Dec 15, 9:39am
I just made pork meatballs withplum sauce... quite nice - first time i had bought pork mince.

nzl99, Feb 25, 8:06pm

nzl99, Feb 25, 8:06pm

ant_sonja, Feb 25, 8:13pm
steamed pork buns are nice too - I steam them on a bed of Lime leaves and serve with a spicy dipping sauce made of chili, palm sugar, fish & soy sauce, sesame & peanut oil and finely sliced spring onions. Google will give you lots of different recipe variations on pork buns tho - For things like meat patties/balls/loaves etc I actually prefer to use a combination of 50/50 pork & beef mince - more flavor :-)

jessie981, Feb 25, 8:17pm
I bought some last week & plan on making pork & pineapple patties. Still have't be able to buy chicken mince here & guess it will be ages now.

jessie981, Feb 25, 8:17pm
I bought some last week & plan on making pork & pineapple patties. Still have't be able to buy chicken mince here & guess it will be ages now.

ant_sonja, Feb 25, 8:41pm
jessie981 - if you can get chicken (thighs/breasts etc) you can easily chop that into mince - use a sharp knife and keep going over the meat until finely 'minced' - I do this myself as chicken mince isn't always available - unless you need large amounts this works quite well :-)

ant_sonja, Feb 25, 8:41pm
jessie981 - if you can get chicken (thighs/breasts etc) you can easily chop that into mince - use a sharp knife and keep going over the meat until finely 'minced' - I do this myself as chicken mince isn't always available - unless you need large amounts this works quite well :-)

toadfish, Feb 25, 8:43pm
Fishers Glazed Meatballs

500g Pork Mince (I have used beef & Chicken), 1 onion, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 Tbs Soy Sauce, 1 Egg, 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs. Roll in flour, cook in oil.

Add following glaze once meatballs are cooked. Glaze: 2 Tbs Brown Sugar, 2 Tbs Soy Sauce, 1 Tbs Tomato Sauce, 1 Tbs water mix all ingredients together.

(I usually double or triple the glaze as we like more "gravy" on the rice eg 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup Soy sauce, 1/8 Cup Tomato Sauce and 1/8 cup of water)

jessie981, Feb 25, 9:05pm
would it work in a kitchen whizz

ant_sonja, Feb 25, 9:24pm
Could do - I'd make sure not to over-blend it tho or you could end up with chicken paste :-D

ant_sonja, Feb 25, 9:24pm
Could do - I'd make sure not to over-blend it tho or you could end up with chicken paste :-D

scarlet_horse, Feb 26, 6:53am
I made pork mince into hamburgers for dinner tonight. Just added salt and pepper, curry powder and mixed herbs, shaped them into burgers and baked them in the oven. Very quick and easy to make.

jag5, Feb 26, 7:23am
The advantage of using pork mince for patties or meat balls is that they do not need egg or breadcrumbs to bind them together.They stick all on their own.

sam284, Feb 26, 9:13am
This is lovely..you can add cooked noodles to it as well to bulk it up and serve it with flat breads or warm tortillas..
500g trim pork mince
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime or 1 tbsp concentrated lime juice
1 tsp honey
Handful of freshly chopped coriander
Handful of herbslaw (from the salad chillers in supermarkets)
Handful of beansprouts
1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Heat a large frying pan. Add the pork and fry over a high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until golden.
2. Drain off any fat, then stir in remaining ingredients.

sam284, Feb 26, 9:13am
This is lovely.you can add cooked noodles to it as well to bulk it up and serve it with flat breads or warm tortillas.
500g trim pork mince
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime or 1 tbsp concentrated lime juice
1 tsp honey
Handful of freshly chopped coriander
Handful of herbslaw (from the salad chillers in supermarkets)
Handful of beansprouts
1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Heat a large frying pan. Add the pork and fry over a high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until golden.
2. Drain off any fat, then stir in remaining ingredients.

didi37, Mar 5, 9:10am
I like Sophie Gray's Pork Satay Balls.
Mix up mince with sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter etc and bake in oven. Very yummy and addictive. Leftovers are great sliced up in 'meatball sandwiches".