Page 1 / 3
denise2, Dec 19, 3:55am
All ideas would be very much appreciated

harrislucinda, Dec 19, 3:58am
sonhavingabbqbreakieandhavingscambledeggs, baconsausages, bread,

leobreaker, Dec 19, 3:58am
Oooo heavy BF.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 19, 3:59am
I'm providing people with 2 options, or both if they want. The cold option will be waffles (they cook their own) with fresh fruit, yoghurt, maple syrup etc.
Thenthe blokes will be on the bbq cooking prawns, chorizo sausages, bacon, cutlets and I'll have vast quantities of scrambled eggs, hash browns and will bake some stuffed mushrooms and tomatoes. That's it!

bex32, Dec 19, 4:00am
We usually have pancakes cooked on the bbq, with bacon also on the bbq, fruit, yoghurt, maple syrup, bananas on bbq, and of course sparkling wine!

kermitnz1, Dec 19, 4:11am
Masses of big fat hot pancakes with a choice of fillings.... Banana with bacon and maple syrup or strawberries fried in a little butter with a dusting of icing sugar and lashings of whipped cream, stewed spiced apple, or creamy scrabled eggs and bacon etc....

kirinesha, Dec 19, 4:28am
Kedgeree with smoked fish.

wino3, Dec 19, 4:38am
Sausage, bacon, scrambled or poached eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, hashbrowns, croissants, toast, the usual spreads, really good orange juice (and maybe bubbles)

firob, Dec 19, 10:40am
WOW, how would one manage the turkey for lunch after those breakies ??

male_timaru, Dec 19, 10:42am
Check out the other breakfast thread - for xmas day - something VERY different in there for everyone - light and fun and easy to make

marcs, Dec 19, 1:36pm
There is no turkey lunch. This is it.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 19, 6:32pm
No lunch in our house either - turkey for dinner instead - a two meal day!

tanya93, Dec 19, 8:28pm
Crossaints, fresh fruit salad, cheese, bacon or chocolate to fill the crossaints, berry yoghurt, juice for the kids and bubbles for the adults...

gemini007, Dec 19, 8:51pm
we r doing eggs benedict here - with fruit salad and hash browns

blou, Dec 20, 1:03am
Croissants that have been split down the middle and filled with Christmas MInce and them rewarmed in the oven .. only one each main is at lunchbest wishes to everyone and thanks for all the fab recipes found here Happy and Safe Christmas and New Year

dkpop, Dec 20, 1:06am
Eggs benedict here. Fresh fruit. Bacon, hash browns etc if wanted. Croissants warmed in oven. Fresh juice and bottle bubbles.

campthorne, Dec 20, 1:23am
Toasted bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon.

toxious, Dec 20, 1:48am
Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and black pudding here for brekkie Christmas morning mmmmmmMMMMmmmmmm

msmeets, Dec 20, 1:51am
xmas ham on crosoints with cheese/tomatoe......microwaved-
for a few seconds each to warm!"yummy treat"

-nana-, Dec 20, 3:47am
BrunchCasserole

8 Slices Wholemeal Bread, 3/4 cup butter melted, 2 cups chopped cooked ham, 2 cups cooked broccoli chopped, 2 cups grated cheddar, 4 eggs beaten, 2 cups milk, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper.Cube the bread and toss in the melted butter.Put half intoa serving casserole dish then add half the cheese and half the broccoli and all of the ham.Add the rest of the bread and the other half of the cheese and broccoli.Beat the milk, eggs, and seasonings and pour over the other ingredients.Re frigerate for 2 hours or over night.Bake at 180 for an hour.Enjoy
I always make it the night before and if you have house guests they are surprised you could produce something so scrummy without being in the kitchen xmas morning.

denise2, Dec 20, 6:33am
Thanks so much,there are some great ideas here.Does anyone have a recipe for Eggs Benedict?

lindar, Dec 20, 7:03am
our savoury option i (from foodtown mag) tried it other day is yummy.

in one baking dish

16 breakfast sausages. 1 red caps. 1 red onion. rosemary.olive oil. pepper, salt. cook inroasting pan for 20 mins add cherry toms 1 punnet, cook for five mins. garnish with basil or parsley

denise2, Dec 20, 7:37am

kiwis, Dec 20, 7:47am
Its all in the method... Eggs Bennie
Make a vinegar reduction 1/2 cup malt or cider vinegar,6 peppercorns, reduce that to 2 teaspoons in a saucepan. Seperate 3 eggs, put egg yolks in bowl. Put reduction into bowl with yolks. Melt 250 grams butter in a saucepan. Beat melted butter slowly into the vinegar/egg yolk mixture..that is very slowly. Beat until mayonnaise consistency. Add freshly ground pepper and salt to taste with a dash of tabasco sauce to taste...and YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Oops spoon over poached eggs on english muffins.

jaz8, Dec 20, 11:19am
Is that the most recent foodtown mag? I've been looking for something like this but didn't see it in my one.

Cheers regardless.