ROYAL QUINOA YUMMY BREKKY RECIPE PLEASE !!!!

rozie, Mar 2, 5:30am
I can't eat most grains so trying Quinoa as a porridge type cereal. Haven't any recipes or any ideas... . . sooo... . PLEASE can you help make my start to the day interesting. ? ? Also lactose intolerant so use Vitasoy soy milk, can't eat most fruits or dried fruit. Thank you so much.

245sam, Mar 2, 5:39am
rozie, have a look at the recipe on each of these links:-

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-Pudding/Detail. aspx
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-Pudding-2/Detail. aspx

I note that those recipes are "puddings" but IMO they could just as easily be served as porridge-substitutes - the first recipe has no milk in it however I hope that the fruit content in the recipe will be ok for you. Can you eat bananas? - there is milk in the second recipe and banana too. IMO both recipes would make a nice breakfast so I hope they're of use to you. :-))

motorbo, Mar 2, 5:39am
hi rozie, did you know you could buy an aussie brand of milk in the long life cartons and its lactose free, and just tastes like normal milk, i make a porridge using millet, is nice and gluten free - dunno if you can have it

rozie, Mar 2, 6:22am
245sam... thanks so much for the link, I am going to check it out now. Yes, I can eat a little banana and melon or mango and sometimes tinned pears or stewed apples so it should be just great. You wouldn't believe I used to own an organic fruit and vege shop and lived on the stuff. Hahaha maybe I overdid it. Will post a msg once I have tried the pudding. Cheers.

rozie, Mar 2, 6:25am
Hi motorbro, thanks for the tips. will think about the milk although after 13 years on soy milk I mightn't like the taste of milk. Be great for custard and macaroni cheese though. will read up on Millet, give that a go too. Will let you know how it works out. Cheers and thanks heaps.

motorbo, Mar 2, 7:47am
hi rozie, soy milk is not that good for you, so i would try an alternative, and millet is yummy is softer than normal porridge but i like it! !

redrustie, Sep 29, 2:14pm
Ingredients:
•1 cup or so cooked quinoa
•1/4 cup sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chopped walnuts, or slivered almonds
•1/4 cup raisins
•1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
•Substitute dried cranberries, currants, blueberries, chopped figs or dates as you like
•1/4 tsp salt
•1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1 cup milk, flavored or plain - add more as needed
•Optional: 1 Tbsp maple syrup, brown rice syrup or honey
Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a two quart saucepan
2. Heat on medium-low, stirring, until the quinoa has soaked up the liquid, and the dried fruit has plumped up nicely
3. Add more milk if needed until the consistency pleases you
4. That's it. Enjoy!