Please leave your Xmas Treat recipes here.

Page 1 / 2
karenmarie20, Dec 11, 5:55am
looking for inspiration for xmas lollies,nibbles treats.
Prefer easy to make..

Give it your best shot.
Many thanks.

suzyf, Dec 11, 7:12am
xmas balls
3 cups icing sugar
200g crunchy peanut butter
1 tea spoon vanilla
100g butter.mix together,roll into balls and freeze.
Melt 1 tablespoon Kremelta and half a cake of melting chocolate, dip the balls in the chocolate.Have just made them tonight and are now looking for something else to make.

gardie, Dec 11, 7:16am
Suzy - these sound like something I tasted at a school bake sale - I so wanted the recipe but didn't get it.Might give these a go except that I'll probably use smooth peanut butter so that its a more truffle-like filling.Can you tell me approximately how many balls these make.
Thanks.

suzyf, Dec 11, 7:20am
hi gardie just did a count and it made 30, now there's only 29 so good.I've done rum balls aswell.

timetable, Dec 11, 7:24am
i fill up gift baskets with the following: gingerbread men and women, choc dipped shortbread, choc dipped hokey pokey, christmas slice, christmas cookies, nigella's gold star cookies..also this year have made the mint slice truffles and will choc dip those as well - soooooooooooooooo good lol.marshmellow mushrooms are quick and easy for the kids to be involved in as well.
I always fill the fridge with cream cheese spreads - pottle of cream cheese with either: smoked salmon (can), corn relish, sweet fruit relish or gerkin relish mixed in.cheese board and anti pasta nibbles: salami, gerkins, onions, olives etc and make sure that i have plenty of crusteenies made.fill the tins with christmas cake, fruit mince pies and the treats that are listed for the gift baskets... then i sit back and let the family graze for about a week lol and i don't cook after christmas day - mind you i have been at it since aug starting with christmas puds so its nice to sit back and enjoy watching the wonderment of my family and friends being blessed - and i have heaps of fun doing it to!!!enjoy!!

bcnd, Dec 11, 7:51am
They are talking about these in parenting

http://planningwithkids.com/2009/12/10/christmas-party-treats-milky-way-sleighs/

Look very cool

fionaschuler, Dec 11, 8:16am
i saw an annabel langbein recipe in the womans weekly a fw weeks ago and have been making them ever since.I call them white christmas chocolates.

melt a bag of white chocolate buttons, add dried cranberries and chopped pistachios.I also add a little crystalized ginger as found too sweet otherwise:).chopping some of the pistachios very finelyto sprinke on the top makes it look pretty too

set in a slab to cut (I find cutting slabs hard and they crack but thats okay)

I also sometimes set them in wee patty tins

lizab, Dec 11, 10:13am
I think the American's call this Christmas treat 'Bark' fionaschuler. There seem to be endless recipes adding different lovely things to melted chocolate for Christmas - yum!!!

fruitluva2, Dec 12, 5:12pm
Xmas treats again, yay

fruitluva2, Dec 12, 6:18pm
You can try making a xmas tree with the cracked ones

horse30, Dec 12, 10:33pm
I make white xmas, apricot fudge and truffles, every year, they never fail and are yummy, truffles are the ones that go first all the time, and they can all be put in frezzer in containers for the day or lata,

suzyf, Dec 13, 3:19am
horse30.... where is the recipes please.

maryteatowel1, Dec 13, 3:36am
...i have just put 3 cans of condensed milk the double boiler and boiled it for 3 1/2 hours to make caramel...i added vanilla as it was cooling...i will use this as filling for hand made chocolates...i melt chocolate with some kamelta and paint my moulds...i have some good silicon ones now but i use to use all sorts...even ice cube trays...when my mould is set i pipe in the caramel to save mess...then pour melted chocolate on top... a bit fiddly but well worth it...i have a large bag of glazed cherries so might also make a cherry ripe filling...

kamitchell, Dec 13, 3:53am
Suzyf, how long do the xmas balls keep for if you don't freeze them? They sound great!

kamitchell, Dec 13, 3:54am
& do you freeze them before you roll in choc/kremelta?? Cheers, just want to get it right

suzyf, Dec 13, 4:28am
hi kamitchell, you freeze the balls before you roll them in choc,not sure how long they keep for sorry.

karenmarie20, Dec 13, 9:04am
Yum theres some great ideas here.

Keep em coming

timetable, Dec 13, 9:11am
choc mint truffels: blitz 3 pkts of choc mint bickie's and then add 1 250gm tub of cream cheese and blitz again. roll into balls and frezze and then when frozen choc dip or roll in flake when first made.

bigboy01, Dec 13, 9:21am
Brought my candy canes today and just melt white chocolate and break up the canes..........sound yum.I hate those sticky canes but this has a whole new approach.

Someone said about it on here.........yip I pinched the idea and now passing it on.:=)

bigboy01, Dec 13, 9:24am
I;m sure you do this already.Run your knife under boiLing water before cutting.

skill, Dec 19, 6:42am
With the xmas peanut butter balls do you melt the butter or just cream it with the mixture?

gardie, Dec 19, 6:43am
Just beat the whole lot together - butter should be at room temperature.They are yum - you are in for a treat.

karenmarie20, Dec 11, 5:55am
looking for inspiration for xmas lollies,nibbles treats.
Prefer easy to make.

Give it your best shot.
Many thanks.

gardie, Dec 11, 7:16am
Suzy - these sound like something I tasted at a school bake sale - I so wanted the recipe but didn't get it.Might give these a go except that I'll probably use smooth peanut butter so that its a more truffle-like filling.Can you tell me approximately how many balls these make.
Thanks.

suzyf, Dec 11, 7:20am
hi gardie just did a count and it made 30, now there's only 29 so good.I've done rum balls aswell.