Chilli chocolate recipe, please!

helenfs, Dec 10, 9:03am
I make chocolates & want to make some with chilli but not sure what kind of chilli to use or how much. Do I use chilli powder of flakes?

marcs, Dec 10, 2:11pm
Use chilli powder as you need it to be smooth. Be carefull much you add though as you don't it too hot that no one can eat it.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 10, 7:16pm
Maybe it would be easier to buy the Lindt chilli chocolate and melt it down to use however you want to. That way you won't overdo the chilli.

horizons_, Dec 10, 8:42pm
Try 1/4 tsp powedered chilli with a standard size block for starters. Personally me and my friends like it better hotter (1/2 tsp at least). Note it does not affect the flavour, just adds heat. Also some people just don't like it at all.

uli, Dec 10, 8:54pm
Depends what you want - a nice hot flavour just after the sweet chocolate taste - or a crunchy chilly bite every now and then ...

helenfs, Dec 10, 9:02pm
Not sure really, making them as a Christmas present for someone who loves chilli chocolate. I imagine either would be acceptable!

southerngurl, Dec 10, 9:26pm
Since I'm sitting here eating the Lindt Chilli Choc hehhehe.. the ingredients list says Chilli Extract...

uli, Dec 10, 9:29pm
If you have never done anything like it - AND it is supposed to be a gift - then I would highly recommend that you follow the advice in post#3

helenfs, Dec 10, 10:24pm
I have made many chocolates over the years but never with chilli - may have to just use the "trial & error" method ;-)

helenfs, Dec 10, 9:03am
I make chocolates & want to make some with chilli but not sure what kind of chilli to use or how much. Do I use chilli powder of flakes!

marcs, Dec 10, 2:11pm
Use chilli powder as you need it to be smooth. Be carefull much you add though as you don't it too hot that no one can eat it.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 10, 7:16pm
Maybe it would be easier to buy the Lindt chilli chocolate and melt it down to use however you want to. That way you won't overdo the chilli.

horizons_, Dec 10, 8:42pm
Try 1/4 tsp powedered chilli with a standard size block for starters. Personally me and my friends like it better hotter (1/2 tsp at least). Note it does not affect the flavour, just adds heat. Also some people just don't like it at all.

uli, Dec 10, 8:54pm
Depends what you want - a nice hot flavour just after the sweet chocolate taste - or a crunchy chilly bite every now and then .

southerngurl, Dec 10, 9:26pm
Since I'm sitting here eating the Lindt Chilli Choc hehhehe. the ingredients list says Chilli Extract.

uli, Dec 10, 10:44pm
bump for another year of chilli choc's.