Chocolate ganache

zizzy41, Dec 10, 3:04am
I've never used or made chocolate ganache before. Any hints or tips, anyone???
:)

sam561, Dec 10, 3:26am
Melt the choc in short bursts (ie 25 secs) in the microwave - otherwise if you leave it on for too long it burns and goes all thick and horrible - have to throw it out and try again.

softlysoftly8, Dec 10, 3:33am
As shown by Annabel Langbein on her TV show. 500 mls cream, 500 best chocolate ( 70% cocoa solids ) roughly chopped. Pour cream into amedium pot and heat it until it is very hot, and almost but not boiling. You'll know it's ready when bubbles start to form around the edge of the pot. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Stand for 2 mins, then stir until the chocolate is fully melted into the cream. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth and glossy. Makes approx 4 cups.This is from her website. Cheers.....

rosathemad, Dec 10, 4:43am
Good advice from softly softly. The proportions of chocolate to cream can be adjusted depending what you're doing - more chocolate for truffles, less forpouring sauce.

I wrote up my recipe and process here a few weeks back: http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/11/chocolate-ganache.html - it is the champion of icing!

zizzy41, Dec 10, 6:42am
thankyou thankyou! Really appreciated :)
Not making it til tomorrow, but I'll let you know how it goes

softlysoftly8, Oct 13, 6:41pm
Further to my message up above, this recipe was used to ice a chocolate cake that Annabel made. Sounds delicious, I am going to make it to take to family for Xmas.