lunch ideas!

hydroman08, Mar 2, 12:19am
hey everyone ive just started at uni and i end up wasting so much money buying my lunch everyday. dies anyone have any nice lunch ideas i can make at home and take with me?

winnie231, Mar 2, 12:37am
Do a search for 'lunches' posted 'anytime' using the search function on the left of the page & quite a few threads containing useful info for you will come up ...

cookessentials, Mar 2, 12:44am
A nice Scottish Bap ( a soft bread roll, usually sold loose in the bakery section of most supermarkets) with lettuce, a fried egg and bacon - this makes a good protein filled lunch or breakfast. Tuna mixed with a good mayonnaise with chopped gherkin, lettuce and tomato. Make a quiche and take a couple of slices for your lunch or some nice savoury muffins.

jodie-mike, Mar 2, 8:51pm
I just made some little mini quiche style 'things' (also healthy) by lining muffin tins with wholemeal mountain bread (or any sort of wrap i suppose) cut into 4's. then i mixed in a bowl, beaten eggs (about 4), some milk, salt, pepper, grated carrot, grated zucchini, grated mushroom and poured them into the little cases, then i added a little grated cheese and baked them for maybe 15-20 mins. these were yummy. i will be making them again and will have to experiement with how well they freeze. in future i will trim the ends of the overhanging mountain bread as this burnt easily and i had to waste time snapping it off once they cooked.

margyr, Sep 25, 3:54am
if you have access to a microwave just get some good containers and dish up a meal when you cook tea. Take some fresh fruit, and cheese and crackers.