And if you like add Chocolate essence

Then add 16oz whiskey/bourbon

Put in the fridge and chill

tarankyle, Dec 8, 9:24pm
Kahlua
3 c. water
3 c. sugar
8 tbsp.instant coffee
1 pt. or 2 c. vodka (brandy may be used)
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine water, sugar and coffee over low heat in a medium saucepan. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Skim any foam that rises to the surface. Stir in vodka and vanilla.
Mix all ingredients together and serve.

tarankyle, Dec 8, 9:26pm
These could also be made up as gifts for people as gifts. Place in a nice bottle & decorate with ribbons etc

tarankyle, Dec 8, 11:20pm
you can make this up as a shot also, layer kahlua, baileys & top off with cream

elliehen, Dec 9, 6:23am
Bumping in case people want to add to tarankyle's ideas :)

fec2003, Dec 9, 11:08am
For kids, and non-drinkers - I make a non-alcoholic sangria. I just mix pure orange juice, a bottle of red grape juice and some cloudy lemonade, in the biggest jug I can find. Chill well. Just about an hour before serving, add some chopped apple, sliced orange and a few red grapes. Mix before pouring over a few ice cubes. Refreshing and delicious on a hot day. Kids love it and fight over the macerated fruit - and for adults, it can be a 'long drink' between those designed to put hairs on your chest! ;)

juliewn, Dec 10, 11:17am
I make a similar Irish Cream type recipe to in post 1. however leave alcohol out of some of it, so kids and anyone who doesn't drink alcohol, can enjoy a glass with everyone else. tastes very good too.

juliewn, Dec 10, 12:20pm
ps. the alcohol free mix needs to be used within a few days - or within the amount of time the cream will keep.
Keep it in the fridge and serve chilled.