Blue Cheese and Rosemary Biscuits

kay141, Dec 8, 4:24am
I can't find my recipe for these and want to make some this weekend for my daughter. Any help would be appreciated. Either cracker style or shortbread. Thanks.

pam.delilah, Dec 8, 4:50am
here are twocheese and rosemary shortbread. recipesJust replace the cheese with blue cheese. You may want to add a little of the blue cheese with the plain cheese

Cheese and rosemaryShortbread
• 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (175 ml)
• 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (425 ml)
• 1/2 tsp salt (2 ml)
• 1 cup grated cheese (250 ml)
• 1 tbsp very finely chopped fresh rosemary (15 ml)
• 1/4 tsp cayenne, optional (1 ml)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Beat the butter until light and fluffy in a bowl. Sift together the salt, all-purpose flour, and cayenne in another bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix just until incorporated. Add cheese and rosemary and combine just until incorporated.
3. Break off pieces of dough and shape into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls. Add to baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down balls to flatten. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Bake in the centre of the oven until edges are lightly golden, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack, about 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Ingredients
• 125g (4 oz) butter, softened
• 2 tsp caster sugar
• 250g (8 oz) plain flour
• 60g (2 oz) freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
• 2 tsp dried or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Preparation method
1.Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease 2 large baking trays.
2.Beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
3.In a separate bowl, combine flour, cheese, rosemary and paprika; add to butter mixture.
4.With hands, mix to form dough.

uli, Dec 8, 5:28am
50g blue cheese,
5 Tbsp. butter,
1/8 cup grated parmesan,
1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary,
¾ cup flour.

Cream together butter, blue cheese, rosemary, and parmesan. Add flour gradually and stir until combined and dough begins to form into a ball.
Shape into a log and chill for about an hour. Take out and slice into rounds.

Heat oven to 170 degrees C and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden around edges.

Dough can be made and frozen for up to a few weeks.

tarankyle, Dec 8, 5:34am
do you have to use blue cheese or coule you use any cheese?

kay141, Dec 8, 6:21am
Thank you everybody. Uli, That was just what I wanted.

babytears, Dec 8, 6:29am
So excited to find this... I've been thinking about coming on here to ask for a recipe the last couple of days... and voila, I open the recipe board and there it was perfect!!!

uli, Dec 8, 8:11am
You could use any cheese - however the question of this thread was for a recipe for "Blue Cheese and Rosemary Biscuits" ...

uli, Dec 7, 8:57pm
Something unsweet for Xmas.
Lovely with salads soups or smoked fish.

kay141, Dec 8, 4:24am
I can't find my recipe for these and want to make some this weekend for my daughter. Any help would be appreciated. Either cracker style or shortbread. Thanks.

tarankyle, Dec 8, 5:34am
do you have to use blue cheese or coule you use any cheese!

babytears, Dec 8, 6:29am
So excited to find this. I've been thinking about coming on here to ask for a recipe the last couple of days. and voila, I open the recipe board and there it was perfect!

uli, Dec 8, 8:11am
You could use any cheese - however the question of this thread was for a recipe for "Blue Cheese and Rosemary Biscuits" .

bev00, Dec 7, 9:20am
these sound just perfect for the day.

bev00, Dec 12, 9:42am
My daughter made these and said they were very tasty - I haven't tried them myself yet.

Cheesy Animal Crackers
(makes about 35)
adapted from the Sneaky Chef

1/3 c. chickpea puree - drain can of chickpeas and puree in food processor with 2-4 T. water until smooth - 1 can of chickpeas/garbonzo beans makes quadruple batch

1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 T. grated parmesean cheese
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. paprika
1/3 c. flour
Small animal shaped cookie cutters

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine chickpea puree with cheeses, oil, salt, onion powder and paprika. Add flour blend and mix until well blended. If dough is too crumbly, add 1 teaspoon of water at a time, until it holds together. Remove teh mixture from the bowl and shape into a flattened ball using your hands.

Wrap in parchment or plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes (or up to one day).

Let the dough soften slightly at room temperature and then roll small batches of it out onto a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin until about 1/16 inch thin (that is thin). Cut out fun shapes using cookie cutters or cut into small squares. Place on prepared cookie sheets and lightly spray with the top sides of the crackers with oil.

Bake until golden brown on the edges, about 10-12 minutes, peeking in the oven occasionally to make sure that they are not burning. I found that turning the oven to broil for the last minute or so, helped the tops of the crackers to become more crispy. Transfer crackers to a rack to cool.

Quotebaalamb (271 )7:14 am, Tue 13 Dec #2
Here's a link to a recipe I was going to try from The Chef and the Cook (Maggie Beer) - sounds great and I guess you could just sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s2423866.htm

Quoteakl439 (3431 )10:15 am, Tue 13 Dec #3