Xmas Cookies at the end of the good morning show

darkestangel1, Dec 5, 3:57am
Does anyone have any other good Christmas Recipes - all would be appreciated please and thanks in advance!

walker18, Dec 5, 9:45pm
A Moist easy Xmas cake recipe please
I am not so well but like to make my xmas cake. I know I am late I usually make it in October

tarankyle, Dec 7, 12:26am
I just saw them at the end of the show & missed the recipe. I have looked on the web site but cannot find it. Did anyone write it down or have a very simple recipe for other Christmas cookies. Thanks :-)

245sam, Dec 7, 12:31am
tarankyle, the recipe for those biscuits is on the TVNZ website on the following link:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/simon-and-alison-holst-s-chicken-recipes-7-december-3948388

Scroll to the bottom of the page on that link.:-))

tarankyle, Dec 7, 12:33am
Thank-you soo much for that :-)

confused!!!, Dec 22, 6:03am
CAN YOU WRITE THE RECIPE DOWN PLEASE,
I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED BECAUSE SEARCHED
THE WEB AND NOTHING IS POPING UP ABOUT
A COOKIE RECIPE.....PLEASE POST...:)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

moore., Dec 6, 7:12am
The cake using condensed milk is a lovely christmas cake recipe, and very very easy to make.
Put into a pot, 1/2 lb butter, 2 lb mix fruit, 1 cup cold water, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp mixd spice , 1/2 tsp each: brandy, almond, vanilla essence.
Heat these all thru until butter has melted, then add:
1 tin condensed milk, t tsp glcerine, 2 tbsp wine or brandy, 2 large cups flour, 1 tsp b/soda, 1 tsp bp, 2 tbsp custard powder, pinch salt.
stir well, pour into lined cake tin and cook 2-3 hours at 300 lowering to 200.

Icing 1 pkt icing sugar, 6 oz butter, 2 tbsp brandy or sherry, 2 tsp vanilla,
mix well and ice when cake is cool.

baalamb, Dec 10, 7:00pm
I can vouch for this recipe - our family have used it for years, and it has to be the nicest fruitcake by far!

baalamb, Dec 10, 7:02pm
.except I've never seen it with glycerine or custard powder in it. Any idea what the glycerine does!

baalamb, Dec 10, 7:04pm
I remember years ago when my mum was first given the recipe, someone mentioned a similar recipe that used a can of blackcurrant jam in it. For some reason mum decided to use the above recipe and add the jam to it! Result, one very soggy sloppy cake - was a very tasty Christmas pudding!