Rewana Bread question

darkestangel1, Dec 5, 2:39am
Yeah I would love to try making it - any siuggestions or tips would be great and much appreciated please!

uli, Dec 5, 3:53am
I never feed my sourdough. It stays in the fridge until I want to bake, then it comes out and gets flour and water two or 3 times and then I have enough to bake, the rest goes back into the fridge.

maryteatowel1, Dec 5, 4:38am
.i grate raw potato into it every now and then.not a whole potato.just like a handful.once or twice a year.it takes a week or so to break down but i'm feeding it and using it at the same time.don't leave it on the bench when you've added the raw potato, it can turn poo's.never added just the raw juice before.i thought the reason you kept adding the potato juice was to keep the flavour of the rewana.that was the reason someone told me to add the raw potato.i use my plant every second day and have had it for a couple of years.i usually feed it cooked potato water and flour every time i use it.the flour feeds it and i thought the water added the distinct flavour.

omokoroa1, Dec 5, 10:20pm
ok i have been making a bug for the bread with the potatoe water and all other , could i use raw potatoe juice rather than the left over water from dinners to feed my plant???

and yup i have been making bread with the bug.... i havent tried the raw juicce yetjust curious about how it will react

omokoroa1, Dec 5, 11:19pm
has anybody tried it?

beaker59, Dec 6, 10:40am
I'd have thought the cooking water is sterile and has more disolved starches and sugars to feed the bug.

omokoroa1, Dec 5, 10:20pm
ok i have been making a bug for the bread with the potatoe water and all other , could i use raw potatoe juice rather than the left over water from dinners to feed my plant!

and yup i have been making bread with the bug. i havent tried the raw juicce yetjust curious about how it will react