Vegetarian Lentil Patties - anyone have a recipe?

pjstraker, Dec 2, 1:13am
Does anyone have a yummy/delicious vegetarian lentil patty?We got a sausage sizzle at my work and we've got lots of vegetarias we need cater for.Any ideas would be much appriciated.Thanks :-)

petal1955, Dec 2, 3:53am
Google "falafel" which is a chick pea pattie......heaps of recipes on there

gardie, Dec 2, 4:58pm
I used to make lentil burgers - like a meat pattie but made with lentils and they were so yum but over the years, I have lost the recipe - will keep on eye on this thread with interest.
(Contained, brown lentils, carrots, onions amongst other things).

gadcl, Dec 2, 7:19pm
I've been making chick-pea ones and ones based around grated potato for years.They are very good and can be cooked on a BBQ.Never made lentil ones but the process would be the same as for my chick-pea ones.As long as you get the moisture and texture about right, you can't go wrong.

margyr, Dec 2, 7:25pm
not lentils but vegetarian, Spinach/silverbeet Rissoles, 2 cups cooked silverbeet, 1 onion finely chopped, 4 eggs, 1 clove of garlic finely chopped, 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, 1 cup butter, 1 cup grated cheese, 1 pkt stuffing mix. Put butter in silverbeet to melt mix in all other ingredients leave in the fridge for half an hour, form into patties and cook. Also I have made patties using chick-peas, mash them up and add whatever flavours you like, coat in breadcrumbs and cook.

jbsouthland, Dec 2, 8:36pm
Hi my partner madeus lovely patties using a pouch of LISA'S Falafel Mixto which he added grated potato,grated red onionand carrot ,small amount grated cheese....we loved them and am going tomake again with more veges added ....was no need to add egg . Even ahearty meat eater wouldhave enjoyed them.

elliehen, Dec 2, 11:08pm
jbsouthland...great idea :)I keep a packet of Casbah Natural Foods Falafel mix on hand for quick snacks.So easy to fill a pita pouch or put it into a flat wrap.

motorbo, Dec 2, 11:42pm
falafel mix is so expensive for wot it is when you can make it so cheaply

elliehen, Dec 2, 11:50pm
True, but it's my idea of fast food :)And it's much better for me than any other fast food that springs to mind!

jbsouthland, Dec 3, 3:12am
We always have pouch in fridge...easy and as we both work shifts sometimes easier to buy ingreds.. plus makes heaps........niceeaten cold next day meant to add to my above post with pickle ,chutneys etc.

finlight, Dec 3, 6:33am
hi so whats a good mix please

peterbk, Oct 10, 6:42am
there is a nice recipe for chickpea burgers in Jenny Brand Millers book Low GI vegetarian recipes It has a zuchinni and onion sauteed, vogel bread crumbs, cashew nuts, chickpeas, an egg, curry paste,cant remember what else but that is about it, very yummy cook them on the barbeque

roshu, Oct 12, 9:24pm
Alison Holst's Meals Without Meat features the BEST lentil burgers! I feed them to carnivores and they love them too.

pjstraker, Dec 3, 1:13am
Does anyone have a yummy/delicious vegetarian lentil patty!We got a sausage sizzle at my work and we've got lots of vegetarias we need cater for.Any ideas would be much appriciated.Thanks :-)

petal1955, Dec 3, 3:53am
Google "falafel" which is a chick pea pattie.heaps of recipes on there

gadcl, Dec 3, 7:19pm
I've been making chick-pea ones and ones based around grated potato for years.They are very good and can be cooked on a BBQ.Never made lentil ones but the process would be the same as for my chick-pea ones.As long as you get the moisture and texture about right, you can't go wrong.

jbsouthland, Dec 3, 8:36pm
Hi my partner madeus lovely patties using a pouch of LISA'S Falafel Mixto which he added grated potato,grated red onionand carrot ,small amount grated cheese.we loved them and am going tomake again with more veges added .was no need to add egg . Even ahearty meat eater wouldhave enjoyed them.

elliehen, Dec 3, 11:08pm
jbsouthland.great idea :)I keep a packet of Casbah Natural Foods Falafel mix on hand for quick snacks.So easy to fill a pita pouch or put it into a flat wrap.

elliehen, Dec 3, 11:50pm
True, but it's my idea of fast food :)And it's much better for me than any other fast food that springs to mind!

jbsouthland, Dec 4, 3:12am
We always have pouch in fridge.easy and as we both work shifts sometimes easier to buy ingreds. plus makes heaps.niceeaten cold next day meant to add to my above post with pickle ,chutneys etc.

finlight, Dec 4, 6:33am
hi so whats a good mix please