potatoe slice

seniorbones, Mar 1, 7:23am
not from a packet? I used to have a recipe but cant find it, think it was alternate layers of potatoe/cheese and onions and just pour cream over? anyone else have one.

theanimal1, Mar 1, 7:26am
this one? ? ? from cookessentials

Someone was asking about your best potato recipe, I have FINALLY found my "Pams creamy potatoes" recipe, so here it is.
25g butter, melted;1 clove garlic, crushed;1/4 tsp nutmeg;2 cups grated tasty cheese; 1 kg potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly;2 eggs, lightly beaten;1x 300ml carton cream;1 cup milk;1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs;fresh herbs to garnish.
combine melted butter, garlic and nutmeg in a bowl. Brush a shallow oven proof dish with half the butter mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese over the base and layer the potato slices. Combine remaining butter mix, eggs, cream and milk in a jug and pour gently over potato slices. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs ( I dont usually bother with the breadcrumbs) Bake in hot oven - 200C for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. (Cover with foil if top becomes too brown.

cookessentials (954 )

cookessentials, Mar 1, 7:32am
thanks theanimal, I can say it is absolutley delicious.

theanimal1, Mar 1, 7:38am
i have tried it and yes it is nice xxx

seniorbones, Sep 20, 7:43pm
Thanks, its how I remember. Can I peel my potatoes tonight or will they go funny? I think the water takes the starch out of the spuds,