Pork Pork Pork!!!

bunnyclan, Dec 1, 8:46am
I want to cook pork for Christmas but I don't know which cut to buy.I'll do a slow roast, which I have read up on here, but is Loin, Shoulder or Belly the best cut for super jucy meat.

Also my Dad has a dodgy tum so I was wondering if Pork Belly would be too rich...?

Help, thoughts and suggestions greatfully accepted :-)

feris04, Dec 2, 6:09am
Go for the loin, or shoulder, the belly maybe too rich with fats. Or boned and rolled leg.

mamaa, Dec 2, 6:14am
The leg would be fine,just grill the crackling and take off the leg, and he will not have any of the fat.But I bet he will not be able to resist it....

eleanornz, Dec 2, 10:12am
And it would be nice if you could buy free range. Tastes better!

jbsouthland, Dec 2, 8:24pm
Free range notonly tastes better but more importantly has leada normal lifestyle.....enjoying doing what pigs enjoy doing....

wasgonna, Dec 2, 8:49pm
And still dies the same.

jbsouthland, Dec 3, 3:16am
True but then so doall we humans in the end but some have ameaningful , more pleasant life prior.....

bunnyclan, Sep 25, 1:12pm
Definately going for 'happy pig' :-)I've found a place on line that will supply Freedom Farms and I can get Loin or Shoulder from them.

Think I'll skip the belly.I had the most yummy pork belly at a restaurant for tea last night and while I enjoyed every mouthful at the time, my tummy didn't like it at 3 o'clock this morning.Too rich.

Thanks for your suggestions.