Pastry for xmas mince pies. What is the best

clair4, Nov 30, 1:21am
brand to buy or do you have a nice recipe that I can make.There are so many out there, but hard to choose.I would like one that is not too hard or difficult to make.Thanks.I do have the mince that I made a couple of years ago.

dollmakernz, Nov 30, 2:30am
I use the Ernest Adams Buttercrust pastry. Its really nice

clair4, Nov 30, 2:49am
Thank you.I will give that one a try.Sounds nice

emmapear, Nov 30, 3:14am
sweet shortcrust is what is normally used.

samsnan, Nov 30, 3:17am
I have a good one clair4 its made in the food proccessor and is so easy. Be patient while I type it out on here.

samsnan, Nov 30, 3:23am
1/2cup caster or icing sugar-100grm unsalted butter room temp-2 egg yolks-2-3 tblspn water-1 1/2 cups flour-1/2tspn salt.
Put sugar butter yolks and 2tblspn water in the proccessor (sp) for a couple of minutes until light and creamy looking. Pulse in the flour and salt until just mixed. Add extra if required. Gather it all together and refrigerate for 1 hour. Makes 400grams. The mix will make 2 1/2 dozen tarts. Just roll a good chunk at a time it makes it easier.

samsnan, Nov 30, 3:27am
Should be add extra water if required. My mistake.

clair4, Nov 30, 5:11am
Thanks samsnan, that sound good too.

clair4, Dec 3, 6:50am
dollmaker I had a look at paknsave and New World, but could not find the one you suggest.I did look on google and it comes in a roll.I will have another look tomorrow.Where did you buy yours?Thanks

macandrosie, Dec 3, 8:09am
Definitely a short sweet pastry, ernest adams is pretty reliable.

elliehen, Dec 3, 8:20am
Ernest Adams ready rolled "Butter Puff Pastry" is the only one made with 25% pure butter, water, milk and food acid - the other Ernest Adam pastries have animals fats and oils and a very long list of other additives.

lulu239, Sep 26, 11:57pm
This is one from the MB. Sorry I don't know the contributor. It is a lovely pastry.

MINCE PIE PASTRY
3C flour, 2T custard powder, 1C icing sugar, 375g slightly soft butter, 1 egg yolk. Whizz up together. Roll out & cut out bottoms & lids to fit the patty pans