Toffee Pop/Cream Cheese Truffle Help Needed!!

Page 1 / 3
julsey, Nov 30, 12:54am
I'm trying to make these with 250g cr cheese and 2 pks toffee pops and all I have ended up with is a very sticky mess, I have popped the mixture in the fridge hoping that it will firm up in there so that I can roll them, any other suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

245sam, Nov 30, 12:58am
just a thought julsey.....is/was your cream cheese the traditional/original type or the light/lite or spreadable type?:-))

julsey, Nov 30, 12:59am
traditional

wildflower, Nov 30, 2:46am
x1
I was going to make these with mint slice next wed night so I'd better keep an eye on this thread in case mine do the same.I was going to add the cream cheese gradually since it's easier to add more than take it out.

kennymac, Nov 30, 2:58am
I found that 250gm was to much, so I have always only used 125gm cream cheese for the 2 packets of biscuits.The other way if you want lots is to use 4 packets of biscuits to use up the cream cheese

smileeah, Nov 30, 3:12am
I made these the other day using 2 pkts mint slice and 125g cream cheese. It was a sticky mess even then so I put the mix into freezer for 30 min and it firmed up enough to roll into balls. I then coated in dark chocolate and they were to die for. We all loved them.

I suggest you either add in another 2 pkts of crumbed biscuits to the still soft mixture or try freezing and seeing what you end up with. But I imagine if you don't add more biscuits your mixture will need to be kept in the fridge.

gardie, Nov 30, 4:14am
Good tips - plan to make some mint slice ones for Christmas.

maxwell.inc, Nov 30, 4:15am
umm...don't forget.. that over the last year most biscuit packets have gone down in size by about 50-120g.. so the recipe may now need 3 PACKS to make up for the short fall.

rosathemad, Nov 30, 4:34am
And of all the biscuit truffles I've made toffeepops make the stickiest - especially on a hot day. Don't worry, though - they'll still taste good. ;-)

morgana-rose, Nov 30, 5:25am
Can they be frozen if i made them this weekend for xmas,

lost-in-oz, Nov 30, 5:25am
I always use a packet of plain as well to pad out the mixture.Still taste as good :o)

timetable, Nov 30, 5:53am
ok use 3 pkts of either toffee pops or 3 pkts of mint slice to 1 250g pottle of cream cheese.the country goodness is better than the tararua as it is firmer but if you do it in the food processor and then put in the fridge overnight it will be fine.your hands will get messy rolling them but what i did was to put the mix into an ice cream container and then fridge, then used a tsp to get out small amounts, rolled them, put into another ice cream container with layers of gladwrap between each layer of truffles and then froze them.they then choc dipped frozen really well and are super yummy. other wise break up the bickies in a plastic bag with the rolling pin and then mix in the cream chesse.have fun!!

top_gran, Nov 30, 5:54am
hi what is the recipe please do you crumb the biscuits beforemixingthank youTOP GRAN

245sam, Nov 30, 6:06am
top_gran, the recipe is basically as in #12 but here's a recipe which is thanks to TM's melford.....

Toffee Pop Balls / Truffles
2 packets toffee pops
250g cream cheese
coconut

Crush the biscuits in a whiz, add the cream cheese,and mix, then roll the mixture into balls, then into coconut and chill.:-))

smileeah, Nov 30, 9:46am
You may like to try 125g cream cheese first. That was plenty when I made them.

alewis, Nov 30, 8:41pm
I havent made them (Yet!!) but would it make any difference if the biscuits were in the fridge so it was more bitty rather than mush?
- just a thought

smileeah, Nov 30, 9:52pm
def worth a try. I put the mix in freezer before rolling and again before coating in chocolate. Then I put them in fridge for night well wrapped up because it was so warm here last weekend. The cooler you can keep everything the better, for sure.

How did you get on poster #1?

julsey, Nov 30, 11:15pm
Thanks for all your suggestions!! Added a pkt of wine biscuits. I think next time I will gradually add the cream cheese lol!! Tempted to make mint slice ones now. Its a very yummy recipe went down a treat in this house,

eastie3, Dec 1, 12:49am
I used 2 pkts of Black Forest Tim Tams in my last batch and left some of the biscuits in slightly larger crumbs.I whizz up the biscuits first and then tip them into a bowl and add the cream cheese which has been sitting at room temp for a hour.My food processor won't handle the two ingredients together.After rolling into tsp sized balls I chill them for at least 30mins in the fridge before dipping in choclate.The Black Forest TT's make a quite irrestable truffle,imo.

megan242, Dec 1, 1:13am
I add 1/4 cup of icing sugar with it seems to stop them being too sticky! and only use 175g cream cheese!

gardie, Dec 1, 4:52am
I would agree about mixing the two together in a bowl rather than a food processor - the processor tends to 'break down' the cream cheese more and it becomes runnier. Mixing in a bowl would help to keep the cream cheese firmer.

timetable, Dec 1, 6:22am
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm black forest tim tams....i use 3 pkts of each bickie variety to a 250g tub of cream cheese and they turned out great... i froze them and then choc dipped them and i can honestly say that the quality test showed a rather fantastic truffel even if i do say so my self lol..... the mint slice ones are absolutly fantastic!!!! not as sweet or rich as the others and nicer with coffee.....

noelee, Dec 1, 8:20am
That recipe is good with chit chats tooadd chopped up marshmellows roll into balls then into the coconut.
Going to try the mint slicesounds so delish.

wildflower, Dec 3, 3:04am
One question: how fine do I process the mint slice biscuits, bit rough or really fine?

eastie3, Dec 3, 4:21am
It is really a question of taste,I do leave some bigger pieces but most would probably say fine.